hi update :) as the "stomach turns" part 3???

Jena

hi!! :)

I haven't been in a while lately, again. I"m struggling keeping up this summer with work difficult child, and easy child kicking up to boot.

so, difficult child's throwing me for a loop. We were stable and steady running through end of school, than it turned when she lost her daily structure of school routine. It's kinda funny we worked so hard to get level and have her adjust to school than she did and it ended. ugh!

So, now i tried giving her the schedule to give her the structure she needs to function well, yet it isnt' working she's in overdrive. Getting up at the crack of dawn going to bed at midnight, getting up at 3 a.m. covered in urine, etc the whole deal. needy, anxious, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is kicking up.....

so, it's been alot fun NOT!! I don't want to increase this particular medication, i'm trying trying to figure out ways to give her the structure she so needs to get through. Anyway, easy child's calmed down a bit, currently looking for a therapist for her i think she may be somewhat depressed. She's super irritable, sleep isn't what it used to be.

i'm happy to say ghost is quiet, he must of taken the mice with him wherever he is. boyfriend and i are doing well. His kids finally just entered into therapy, a wish i've had for 2 years now. it's a rough start though, alot of drama and phone calls and upsetment. i figured as much.

i hope everyone else's summer is going smoothly................and difficult child's are happy

Jeppy

I find transitions of any type difficult - including from school year to summer or vice versa.

If summer is especially difficult for your difficult child, is a day camp an option? Swimming classes or some other activities at the Y? That could provide some structure.

Hang in there.

M

ML

I haven't been around much either Jena. It's great to "see" you. Manster is finally adjusting to summer routine. He was having bad sleep but it has gotten better with the clonidine which we started to help with tics (we switched from tenex). The tics are a little better but not gone completely. The new therapist we're seeing wants us to try a stimulant. Scary!

Take care and I hope to be around more soon xo ML