Hickory Farms Fans and My Spice Sage

susiestar

Roll With It
A while back someone commented that they couldn't find the Hickory Farms Meltaway Mints this year. If that person didn't find them, or anyone else is interested, right now everything on the Hickory Farms website is 75% off.

I didn't buy anything, but did put some things in the cart to see if the discount came through. It let me put a cheese ball box, holiday petit fours, meltaway mints and the 1.6 lb sausage roll in the cart. It came up to be $16.48. The shipping is pretty pricy, in my opinion, and it brought the total up to over $32.

I don't know if this is a good deal or not because the only times I buy this type of sausage it is from FFA (Future Farmers of America) or from the university meat labs. www.hickoryfarms.com

This is the time of year I often go through the spices and buy more if I am low or if a spice has lost flavor due to age. I discovered www.myspicesage.com in 2010 and have been VERY satisfied with their prices, service, and quality. They have quite a lot of spices, a wide range of sizes, very good prices and reliable shipping.

Myspicesage always has a deal as far as I have seen. You get a sample of a spice of your choosing (1 ounce of the spice, not just a teensy amount) for FREE with EVERY purchase. Only 1 free sample per order, of course. They also offer another item for free with purchase. I have not ever seen them to not have this second freebie. I have gotten 8 free vanilla beans (very good quality, very fragrant, 6-7 inches long) from one purchase and several ounces of chili powder from another order. The quality was better than what I have gotten from the grocery by a long shot.

Right now they are offering a 25% discount and a 1 gram sample of Superior grade spanish saffron with the code WOOT25. Right now that 1 gram sample is selling for $7, so this is a pretty good deal - esp if you like paella! Shipping is not terribly expensive (starts at $4).

Happy New Year!
Just thought I would pass it on.

LittleDudesMom

Thanks for the spice link! I was thinking about researching some good spice sites this winter - I want to start canning in the spring and need some good quality mustard seeds (most in the grocery store are not at peak flavor and can really make a difference when making cranberry or curry mustard) and some other spices. I'm going to check them out - plus, I'm a pepper freak and enjoy trying different blends.

Sharon

susiestar

Roll With It
Sharon - I have tried a lot of online spice stores. I really like this one, largely because they make it really easy to try new things. I am willing to purchase more if I can sample a little bit first. The policy of giving 1 oz (or a small amt if the spice is really expensive) for free with any order really seems like smart business to me. I also like the variety of packaging for the spices. The cheapest form is usually the resealable plastic bag, but you can purchase the spices in shakers, jars, etc... and you see the price for each option on the pull down menu when you order. It is just so easy.

nvts

Hey Susie! Happy New Year! I just think it's so wonderful that you come up with all of these deals and are so generous to fill us in on them.

I just wanted to thank you for all of the money savers that you've thrown out there to us...it obviously takes time and effort and I wanted you to know how much we appreciate it!

You're a fantastic lady! :winnersmiley:

Beth