Hide the sporks

Andy

Didn't he leave on a 3 week journey to get their stuff?

Where is GPG?

Or worse, were is Abbey's boss?

Abbey

Spork Queen
Yeah...can you say Woman of Steel? You couldn't touch one emotion from me last night other than anger. It takes a LOT to get me to that point. Absolutely nothing I did was the right thing in husband's eyes. I just give up.

You think Random Deb is bad...try Random Kev.:mad: I know he's under a lot of stress, but who isn't? It doesn't mean you have to be an arse hole to everyone around you. Even his bio-mom stopped by yesterday afternoon and gave me the card of a therapist who sees people for free. She knows. Thank God for that card.

Two times last night I just walked out the door. It's pouring rain...I didn't care. Just walked around for 15 minutes so I could cool down.

The big issue is me having to do an event next Saturday in Marion, WI. I don't know where Marion is, but I can Mapquest it. No, not good enough for husband. I didn't mapquest it in the right way. Let's find another map. Geez. There are detours, etc...he's worried, I'm fine. I'll leave early. Daughter is coming up for the first time in nearly a year and I have to work that night. Not happy about that. She's excited and loves to DJ so I said ok.

So we attempted the driving talk. That entails me saying one sentence and he takes over for the next 30 minutes. I don't see well. I don't know this area. I don't like driving at night. I'm so struck by streets/highways that go by 3 different names. It literally panics me. Is it HW41 or 45 should I take a left or a right...it's nonsense. He says go by the town names. Well, they are all the same except for one letter. You'd have to be a speed reader.

I'm just mad. It will be gone after I have a good hissy fit in private.

Silver lining is I'm literally watching him drive off to Vegas right now. A couple of weeks of peace.

Abbey

Abbey

Spork Queen
GPG left a few days ago. It was so nice seeing him. I think that is where husband is staying when he arrives in Vegas. Not sure.

Abbey's boss is here, safe and sound.:tongue: (not literally here...as in my home, but here.)

What I can't get rid of is the fly on my monitor. This thing will NOT go away. Seriously. I'm going to have to kill this thing and I don't like killing living things.

Ok...I digress.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
((((hugs)))) Abbey. At least you get a 3 week break.

I hate learning new places. This lil town hides their streets. I say "hide" because what look like alleys.......often are small streets. Drove me insane when I first got here.

meowbunny

Whenever I move to a new area, I get lost. Deliberately. I mean as soon as I get settled in, I drive around. Take a lot of little side streets and then meander my way back to the main street. After doing that in all directions (one day at a time), I'm usually pretty comfortable with my new home town. Outlying areas get it on days off, one area at a time. Makes drivng so much more comfortable when I have to get somewhere in the future.

In the meantime, remind husband that you might be uncomfortable driving in strange areas but it doesn't mean you can't do it. You can wait til he gets back or, better yet, time it so that you know he's driving and concentrating on where he's going -- maybe then he'll understand that just cause it's not comfortable doesn't mean it
s impossible.

Men, egos and driving are so dang silly. Oh, and next time print out the map and bop him in the head with it (and tell him a nice GPS for Xmas would help).

Star*

call 911........call 911
Think........Wizard of Oz.......

Now think......house on witch, ruby slippers on Dorothy.....Muchkins singing....

And what song are they singing??

Ding dong....da dum de dum....la la la.....da dum de hu......mmm

Yeah that one.....

Literally saw him drive off huh?

Hope there are no tornados.

F

flutterbee

Being single has sooooo many perks. :devil:

Seriously, though...Sorry husband is being such a dufus.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Argh! Enjoy your three week break. I didn't know where Marion was so I had to google it, now I know!

susiestar

Roll With It
Enjoy your break. Men are strange. My mom says testosterone kills brain cells.

If you REALLY REALLY want to learn your way around a new area, get a job delivering pizza. Seriously. You will learn all the ins and outs and shortcuts in a very short time. And you get tips.

Sorry things were rough.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
husband has learned not to talk down to me about driving... We just moved from a town of 8000, to a actual real live town with over 1 million... So the fact that I even drive by myself is pretty huge!!! Most of it is sprawl but still... new to me!
Hey my husband just left today for a week!!!
Single ladies party!
Hey wait Abbey's husband headed down my way and mine headed her way! maybe they are coming to teach us how to read a map! Sporks included.

I am actually going to a Mental Illness talk on Thursday for Awareness week... downtown at the University. I am living it up and getting crazy, it is quite a drive from my house!

Andy

We have been married for 20 years. That means lots and lots of trips to good sister in law's home. Trips that I drive. Trips that we use the same route time after time. Roads that have not changed! I KNOW how to get there and back. I KNOW how to read street signs and be in the right lane WHEN I need to be. To this day, husband will still try to get me to move lanes 1/2 hour before I need to. "You need to be in the other lane." in an anxiety type voice as if he can not handle it if I do not move over. "ARRRRGGGGH" Let ME drive!!!! I KNOW how to do this!!! Can I borrow the sporks the next time we go to good sister in law's?

Oh, and don't use the spork when the pesty fly is on your computer - might damage your computer and you will loose us for awhile. That would really be a breaking point!