Hide this from your difficult children!

susiestar

Roll With It
Well, some of our difficult children don't seem to need these, but they still don't need them!

I didn't even know it was legal to own lock pics. Well, never thought about it much, but just assumed they were not legal.

And at such a low price. Maybe I shouldn't be shocked, but I am.

Do we parents need these for when our kids lock us out of the house or their room? Just wondering.

What do y'all think of these? Am I terribly naive? Here is the link: http://wireless.1saleaday.com/

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Check with local legal jurisdiction on these before ordering. They are considered to be burglary tools in some areas and you can arrested for having them in your possession

Marguerite

It's illegal in Australia to own them unless you need them for your work (say, if you are a locksmith). Didn't stop difficult child 1 from buying a set... but ten, he also has bought various swords, knives, interesting edged weapons of varying horrifying designs.

But the time the cops stopped him oon random search because he was in a rough part of town wearing black with studs and carrying a long box in his backpack, it turned out to be one of his collector item Star Wars light sabers, so no problem. The cops all wanted a turn at switching it on and waving it around...

Marg

Abbey

Spork Queen
I was amazed a few years ago when I locked myself out of my house in Florida. I called a locksmith and he had one of those things and was in my house within seconds. Literally. Kind of makes you appreciate dead bolts.

This was during the time of the Gainesville killings. interesting read. It could have been one of our difficult children that was wrongly accused.) But, the city was in panic and I didn't want to take chances.

That day I had my house completely redone for safety. I already had an alarm system, but that doesn't mean squat if you can get in and out in a matter of seconds.

Abbey

Marg's Man

As Marg said, they ARE illegal here in Oz but they are dead easy to make out old hacksaw blades with nothing more exotic than a grinding wheel. Exactly the same as you would have in your workshop for sharpening knives, axes and other tools..

As an amateur engineer I know how to make them, which I why I recognised what they were when we found the set that difficult child 1 had.