High Heels and Makeup

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
My three day convention is over but am sure the blisters on my feet will be reminding me about it for weeks...I used to wear those really high heels every day for work - you know, the kind that make you the right height for your weight. I even wore them with jeans no problem - I actually had a hard time walking in tennies I was so used to them.

OMG, after a few years in flip flops and tennies, one hour, and now I was walking like I just had surgery. And what is so funny, most of the women I knew there and worked with over the years, we would say hello, and it wasn't long before how much our feet hurt came up, and lets find a place to sit down and chat. It was pretty office casual, but everyone had the heel thing going on.

And I definately need a trip to Nordstroms or Macy's for a refresher course in make up. I haven't worn any at all in years. First morning I put it on and SO started laughing. After a closer look, I realized I was looking like Amy Weinhouse just before she went into rehab..Had to wash it all off and start over. :( sigh....

Next dog and pony show, I need to be a little better prepared..

Marcie

Star*

call 911........call 911
ROCK ON WINEHOUSE!!!!!!!!!!

Order some Bare minerals (you can NOT mess that stuff up)

and get some nice comfy Lands End slippers.........

.....and a bottle of something fizzy......

donna723

OMG, I haven't worn heels since 4-1/2 years ago at my daughters wedding! And those weren't bought for comfort - they were the only ones I could find that matched my dress! I HATE wearing heels, especially trying to walk on 4" thick carpet like they had in the aisle of that church! I'll never forget that wedding, walking down that aisle desperately clutching my sons arm (he was an usher) and everybody was looking at us, and I was whispering to him, "... whatever you do, do NOT let me fall on my butt in front of all these people!"

I will never wear heels again unless I absolutely have to! I am so glad that I work in a "casual" place where we can wear sandals or whatever we want to! I could never handle wearing heels to work every day!

trinityroyal

Marcie, sorry your feet are so sore. Wearing heels after a long layoff can be brutal since your feet aren't used to it anymore. It's a bit like a workout...you have to train for them.

As one of those every-day heel wearers, a total shoe-a-holic, AND as a veteran of 3 foot surgeries (not related to wearing heels, though), I can tell you that there are comfortable heels out there. It just take a bit of work to find them.

With the sort of work I do I have to present in front of large groups of people a lot. With my stature, unless I'm wearing heels people sometimes can't see me at the front of the room.

These are 2 of my staple stores:
http://www.aldoshoes.com/eng/storeS...search/productSearchResults.cfm&var=d&ckey=US
http://www.feetfirstshoes.com/eng/s...emCategoryLevel2=5126&itemCategoryLevel3=5138

I also do foot yoga so that my achilles tendons don't shrink.

Trinity

KTMom91

Back in the day, when I was in retail management, shiny clothes were required. The only high heels I found that were comfortable for walking on concrete all day were Easy Spirit. Now I wear Birkenstocks or Converse in pretty colors to work.

trinityroyal

Thanks Mary!
Easy Spirit was the other line of shoes I was trying to remember.
I remember the commercial they used to have, of the women's basketball team all playing in pumps.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Definitely Bare Ecsentuals for makeup. Another option is the makeup counter (along with cleansing products and general skincare) at Kohls - excellent stuff!

Easy Spirit, Soft Spots, Naturalizer - all are great.