HIP HIP HURRAY! S/O got a PHENOMENAL JOB!!!!

InsaneCdn

Please don't hate me. I had to tell all of you, because, well you're all you.
Hate? never.
Envy? much higher probability!

So happy for you.

The other good thing about these kinds of postings is that, maybe, just maybe, there's hope for some of the rest of us!

Mattsmom277

Thanks again everyone for the well wishes etc. S/O headed off for his first day although not certain it will be a full day today. He's doing some safety orientation or something that the union requires before he can actually start work so not sure if he will be starting officially tomorrow or be gone all day today and be getting on with things. But he was happy as a lark heading off this morning. We have a ongoing joke about males and their pride, work ethic etc. We joke about men having their lions mane stripped off when unemployed, underemployed, not being able to provide and feeling they aren't the alpha male or are kept etc. He gave me a kiss goodbye and a jaunty quip: See you when I'm done reattaching my mane". We had a good chuckle but underneath it all, it is very true of so many men and my S/O in particular. He needed this in the worst way and frankly he's a good man and he deserves it. He was so glad to finally be able to report to his mother and brother that he found a decent position. He isn't one to need approval. Well I'll rephrase, he enjoys my approval and funny enough even my easy child feeling proud of her "step dad". But doesn't seek from others. This situation just hit him in some base core of his man-ness or something and I could tell he felt good letting his mother and brother know that things worked out and he's back to work.

On a completely selfish note, re: being able to plan etc... he started up wedding talk last night on his own, we haven't spoke if it much lately. I think he wanted to be excited at the wedding but couldn't plan or get too involved in the idea of it when he didn't know how we'd finance things. He suggested last night about a caterer we both enjoyed at a previous work function, instead of the caterer that is in place at the location we are having our reception. He apparently has been thinking of wedding things enough to have some ideas what he wants that day but only now that employment is available has he spoken out loud about it. We talked in early days of planning but then it stopped. It made my day to know he's thinking of our planning and even though I'd prefer to not use that caterer, I told him it was a wonderful idea and I know our guests will enjoy it (true for sure, just me that probably won't like it haha. But it's a few minutes of food compared to a happy S/O so this caterer it shall be).

I'm now passing on our happy news good luck charm to fellow members who are themselves or whose spouses are seeking a good job. Let's hope this is a start to a trickle down of good luck and spreads to all of you.

On one last selfish note, this position means next year? Perhaps I can finally attend a US board get together. How jealous I feel at all the fun and great company on the board meets. Make it somewhere fantastic next year ladies, just for me, k??