His stomach ache is giving ME a stomach ache

TerryJ2

difficult child was out sick Mon. No surprise. It was a Monday. He seems to have caught up ... but now has a bad stomach ache again. His stomach is hot, hot, hot to the touch. He ate cream puffs I'd purchased for a party. Idiot me. :mad::(
He's so stubborn, he won't take Pepto Bismol, won't take Metamucil, won't take psilliium, won't even drink a full glass of water to get the gas out of there.:mad:
husband is coming home at noon to check on difficult child and take him to school late. difficult child heard me on the phone and is already yelling that he won't go.
Arrgh. I have to go to work (I only work FT 3 wks out of the yr, putting up Christmas decorations at Macy's) so I have to disconnect the computer. He broke the deadbolt last wk.
Other than THAT he's been pleasant. I think.:confused:
Thanks for letting me vent.

susiestar

Roll With It
On your way home tonight stop and get some gas x. Or try my great aunt's remedy - 2teaspoons of whiskey - straight. It only took doing that once to cure Wiz of eating stuff he knew would cause a problem!

For his other "bellyaching"? Earplugs - for you!!

I would take the mouse and keyboard with you in your car every day you have to be gone that he is home. It is something he cannot force.

I am sorry that you continue to have so many computer problems with him.

Did you see my post about the book "Cooking for Isaiah" by S Nardone? I think the last name is right. It is ALL gluten free recipes but judging by the one I saw in Taste of Home they are not what most people think of when they think of gluten free. The magazine featured this cookbook in the latest issue, including a recipe for an Apple Brown Sugar coffee cake that includes cinnamon and chocolate chips! It might let you provide some gluten free treats that would be useful as carrots to keep him away from the gluten based things he sneaks.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I wonder if this kid will ever get....eat that = feel like koi. Maybe you can find some stickers of a green-faced man puking into a toilet and you can stick them on anything that will make him feel that way if he eats it.

I'm sorry. Hugs.

klmno

Arghhh.... I call it natural consequences for him though- I'd tell him I wouldn't give him medicine since he brought it on himself. He'd probably beg you to have some then. But you bet- I'd do my best to make him go to school whether his stomach hurt or not- especiallly since he was just out Monday.

Wiped Out

Staff member
That type of stubbornness can really wear on you especially if they won't do something to help themselves. My easy child/difficult child is like that. She gets super constipated but won't take suggestions to help the problem. There are time when she cries from the pain. At this point husband and I have told her we just don't feel sorry for her anymore. She knows what to do but refuses. I hope you have better luck than we have had.

TerryJ2

He never went to school.
husband never came home to get him.
I printed out a note for an excuse and he forgot to turn it it. It was in his pocket all day. The receptionist got on his case about it. (It takes a village. Yay!)
I took him out of school at 12:30 for a 1:00 eye appointment today.
I had the wrong day. :(
Took him back to school. He had given away his lunch and refused to have me buy him a cafeteria lunch, buy himself a cafeteria lunch, or eat my leftover snacks (almonds, chocolates, juice, water, etc.) Argue, argue, argue. Nothing but McD's would do.
NOT.
He actually noticed when people were staring at us by the car, so he finally went to school.
When I got home, I left him a note: Soup is in the crock pot. Take out dogs. Do not wake me. I am napping. That lasted 1 hr and he started banging on the door. He wanted the TV cord.
I may have to make the TV go away like the computer.
He's so perseverant. Knock. Knock. Knock. Knock. 28 times more. Not 3X like Sheldon. Just knock. Knock. Knock. Forever.
Yesterday he took my keys and got the TV cord from my ofc. He said it wasn't a big deal because the TV cord wasn't of any value to me. I told him I saw a diamond at the mall and I didn't take it, even though it wasn't of that much value to anyone else. He said it wasn't the same thing.
I told him it was a rationalization.
I just don't know how to teach him.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Terry, maybe just start helping yourself to stuff in his room. And then use the same excuses he uses on you if he complains. Violate his privacy. Dish it all right back out to him. Remove his door if you have to. Ask him how he likes it. Make him earn it all back.

I bought a lock for the TV plug in difficult child 1's room because he would stay up very late watching it and husband refused to take it out of his room. So now when he's acting up? I lock up the plug and only I have the key. It cost me about $20, but it was worth every penny. Or if you want to be more drastic, just cut the plug off the TV and let the TV sit there as a constant reminder.