Hit, bite, kick, and throw

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Wee difficult child's day at school, in a nutshell.

Not sre what prompted it, but they removed him from the classroom when he started running over other children and spitting on them while daring the teacher to catch him. They ignored him til he was narrowly missing the other kids as he jumped over them. They were afraid someone was going to get hurt.

Before they got him out of the room, he took off his shoes and threw them. One hit another kid in the head. Thankfully the girl was far enough away that it didn't hurt her.

Once removed, he bit and hit the teacher repeatedly, took off her shoes while she was on him restraining him, and threw them, and spit on her.

Two days this week, and he's only been to school three.

Sometimes I wish I didn't know the outcome of his bio father. He is anything but a success story, and I just feel so doomed to be the next chapter in the same story.

Oh, plus he refused to eat ANY of his lunch, thus was hungry all afternoon, which I'm sure made it worse.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Shari,
I'm sorry he is struggling so much right now. Does he have a BIP? Are they able to recognize his triggers? Sending gentle hugs to you tonight.

tryinghard

I have no words of advice only to tell you have I been there. When my difficult child was in preschool he had a meltdown and kicked the pregnant director in the stomach....so I understand what you are going through.

The good news is that he is now 12 and we have not had a serious incident at school after first grade. Maturity kicked in and has really helped him to verbalize and us to coach him with self soothing technics.

Hang in there and just take one day at a time.

Jena

Shari,

I just wanted to offer a hug and say just keep being hopeful i know how hard it can be.

hugs to you

Jen

Christy

So sorry! I can relate. It sounds like a typical day for my difficult child when he was in kindergarten and there just isn't much to say when you get a phone call or are summoned to the school for a meeting. So many times the school looked at me to change my difficult children behaviors, if only we could that! Hang in there and fight to get the best iep/behavior plan/accomadations you can get. Laugh when you can! I can now, thinking back, but it sure wasn't funny then. Other parents actually called the school and asked that my son be removed. Even worse, I was a teacher in the same school. He had a one-to-one aide by the end of kindergarten and was placed in a specialized self-containned program when he was in second grade. Unfortunately, the only way we eliminated school behavior problems was by eliminating school (difficult child is now homeschooled).

Good luck and I hope the school and you can find a way to make things better!
Christy