Hmmmm...guess who has cancer?

Tiapet

Old Hand
DDD, I will respect your wishes and I believe you will do what is right for you and be well informed. It saddens me to know this but I know that the dragon does not care who it takes on. My hope is that there is a good outcome in your future. I will keep positive thoughts for you. {big hugs}

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
DDD, you are one of my favorite friends here at cd. I hold you in my thoughts and prayers daily. When I saw the title of your post, my first thought was "NO NO NO NO NO, NO".

It is not surprising at all that you will approach this with your usual pragmatic, thoughtful and educated way. No matter what you choose, of course, you know that we will all support you. Love and hugs being sent your way~

DDD,

Although I only "know" you from cyberspace, I always value your advice. You're a very intelligent, caring, insightful person, and everyone here is truly blessed to have you as a member of this "family." I am confident that you will thoroughly research your options and choose the ones that are right for you. I don't know enough about the surgery to offer any sort of useful information. I'm glad your easy child is a nurse and you confided in her.

I'm having a tough time honoring your wishes but am trying very hard! We will be here to support you in any way you want us to.

As always, thinking of you... Hugs... SFR

DDD

Just want you to know I am not "anti" prayer, lol. There's just no telling when I'm going to need some and this week is not a needy time. I'm analyzing. I'm exploring. I'm seeking consultations. I want to be fully informed and then make the choice or choices that are right for me and seem best for the family.

on the other hand, I am truly touched by the support that the family is offering. My mental health has been saved by the CD family for years. I rely on you all like oxygen, bread and water. Hugs to all. DDD

Nancy

DDD your calm reasoning has gotten you through so many years of difficult child's and they have gotten many of us through crisis so I have no doubt you will do the same for this situation. You are one of my dearest friends here and a huge support to me for years. I am praying for you too, don't worry I'll bring out the big guns if needed.

I believe you will do what is best for you and your family. Hugs to you and husband and sending all the support I have your way.

Nancy

busywend

That really bites, DDD! I am so sorry to hear that you have to go through this. But, I have faith this life experience will make you even smarter and stronger (if that is possible!) than you already are.

So, I will just say that I am here, along with the others to listen, complain and hopefully get a giggle in, too.

Hugs and prayers coming your way!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well, I had to think about this because -----well it's not every day that one of your most loved and dear friends just blurts out "Well guess who has cancer." and drops the C bomb on you like that while being so brave when it's US who are supposed to be there for her. I mean you go about your day doing regular things and then like a fish on a line - my thoughts would jerk me right back to this and I'd think abouit you all over again, all night, all this morning and I kept thnking "WOW what do I say? - what would SHE say? - because you have a way of saying just the most well worded, comforting things, not too heavy, not too light. You're kinda like the "just right porridge, chair, bed, in the Goldy Locks of our lives." lol.

I don't know what you'd say to me D3 - but What I came up with is that if Cancer ever met a person who could kick its rear? I think it's about to meet her. I don't know WHY you. I don't know WHY now. I don't know that there is much of anything I can do BUT pray for you - and I DO know that those prayers in combination with the other people here, and in your family - will be very good, very strong and very special. Just. Like. YOU.

Love -
Star

DDD, I'm so sorry. I care about you and want you to know you are in my prayers. Whatever route you decide to take will be the right one. Tell your family once you made your decisions. They will want to be there for you. (((HUGS))))

LittleDudesMom

DDD,

You don't ask for it, but there will be prayers nonetheless.

Ditto what your easy child said. There is no doubt that you will make the right choice for you.

Sharon

I've been back to read this thread 3 times already. I'm new here and really don't know if it would be appropriate to post on this or not because we don't really know each other yet.

I'm looking forward to that changing and getting to know you and the others here much better. Everyone here has been so supportive and welcoming here since I joined and you have been a big part of that. Thank you so much.

So, you haven't asked for prayers but aren't against them so I will offer some up for you as you do your research and go through tests and make decisions.

DDD

:) Thank you all. I feel a little sentimental like I should reach out and hug each of you who care and assure you that all is going to be well. Sorry 'bout that. I've been a Mom for five decades and I've always been considered an above average friend. Your PM's and individual offers of assistance truly have meant alot to me because I am truly a little overwhelmed with husband, the business etc. etc.

Bottom line is that I will end this thread soon. If I decide to be a "fighter" I will have surgery in June...June 7th, in fact. I have to take care of husband as he is going thru "his thing" and honestly I am a little bit frightened that financially we may end up where we have never been before, sigh. But so far the Surgeons are saying five or six days in the hospital and five or six weeks recovering AT HOME with help. Yeah, lol, doesn't that sound like me? Not. But I am expecting myself to step up to the plate with-o fear of complete financial devestation. It's going to be Xing hard not to be "the one" taking care of older husband and "our store" and "our baby who is no longer a baby". I think this is going to be a painful life lesson.

Yeah, I'm still doing brain flips. on the other hand I am almost completely convinced that I have to "man up" once again. Chances are I will do so. Just want you guys to be assured that this topic will fade soon. Likely the first week of June I will give the aok to pray. What is meant to be is meant to be. The CD family is honestly as close as my bio family. Thanks. DDD

klmno

You WILL woman-up! Just let yourself have the time to regroup and digest this while exploring options completely before making your choice on how to tx it. Do they have one of those cancer places there that claim to help so much by doing more than the typical? I don't know if that's worth considering but it might be worth learning a little more about it. I know, you'll be able to do what it takes to make an informed decision. Remember you have a warrior family behind you and with you- no matter what life lesson the path takes you on.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
This news bites DDD. But if you have been going in on a regular basis for those tests, then perhaps something can be done. In January I had part of my colon (tubes, overies, some bowel and appendix removed due to verbage of it being called a blockage, possible tumor, large mass (its been referred to as all three by the reports and still have had no news on any biopsy they did- am thinking no news is good news) but had to have another one done just today, and of course they found a pollup and removed it.

I was thinking that the operation was going to be horrible/painful, but honestly, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be - have a large scar from rib cage to bottom of my C section scar, right thru the belly button-From what I can recall some 42 years ago, the C section felt worse than this.

If you want more details, pm me and I will share :)

Marcie

rejectedmom

My heartfelt support for you. Your wisdom will guide you through this, I am sure of that, but our prayers and love will carry you when you need us. ((((Hugs)))) -RM