hmmmmmm I just noticed

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
this new board

Hello

I have been dawdling online alot today, trying to figure out how to go about losing 100 pounds, b4 I drop dead of a heart attack or worse.

The biggest Loser has inspired me, I never really watch, but I read the success story of the top 2 losers from this season and WOW!

Of course I have no personal trainer or chef and I have 2 stress producing difficult child's to contend with, and frankly they have me running to the junk food on a daily basis, I have often rationalized that I should take up smoking instead, but it's a no win choice health wise, but I might get skinny>>?

oH well I am done blabbing, 2morrow is a new day

LittleDudesMom

Glad you could join us! We meet on Wed mornings to update on our struggles and success and visit daily for inspiration, ideas, and shoulders.

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Glad you are here-We are here for you! Come with your questions, struggles, and celebrations!

trinityroyal

Welcome, amazeofgrace!
We are here for you.

Just a thought...you don't need a personal chef or a trainer or any of that fancy-schmancy stuff to lose a large amount of weight...all you need is the plan that's right for you and your life.

Here are a few thoughts...
It's not about will power. It's about changing things around so that the failure points are no longer there. It's about figuring out what works best for you and your life, no matter what bandwagon others are jumping on.

My husband, a big wonderful bear of a man, has about 150 lbs left to lose after dropping 85 lbs or thereabouts already. He lost the first 60 on the G.I. Diet (he's now following a program set up for him by his doctor, which takes into account all of his medications, his heart condition, etc.)

The Glycemic Index (G.I.) diet was developed by a professor at the University of Toronto, intended to help people with Type 2 diabetes to control their symptoms without medication. It identifies the foods that don't trigger a spike in your blood sugar, and those are the foods that keep you full and help you lose weight.

Others have had really good results with weight watchers. in my humble opinion, the programs that work best are the ones that allow you to eat a good variety of real foods, and have some flexibility in them. GI and WW are both like that.

Glad you joined us.

Trinity