Holding my breath today... difficult child 2 skipped his medications last night!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
The last time difficult child 2 forgot his evening medications, he ended up on a hypomanic tear around the house, pulling an all-nighter and even baking brownies (for me, he said) at 5am. I learned all this when I called him from the airport on my way back from Cleveland last summer (husband had been in bed with the flu for two days).

I just saw that his pill box is still full from last night... so please join me in a finger-crossing, bead-rattling, nekkid-chicken-liver-dance that he doesn't fall apart too badly today... He had a nasty temper tantrum yesterday, so I'm a little concerned about today overall.

So far, he's doing okay. I gave him his usual lunchtime dose. I s'pose this afternoon and evening will be the true test.

Farmwife

Oh my goodness. A missed dose leaves the same ominous sense of dread at my house too. :surprise:

I wish I had something helpful to say...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Just keep your fingers crossed for me!

I already warned husband to keep his expectations low today :) And I gave difficult child 2 some extra short-acting Seroquel we keep on hand for PRN situations like this. Hoping that helps hold him over until he gets his other medications this evening. And I'm thinking I'm going to give him those medications an hour or so early tonight...

I'm just glad we have nothing planned for today!

Wiped Out

Staff member
My fingers are crossed big time! When difficult child is even a bit late with a dose of his medications we know it in a real bad way:(

gcvmom

Here we go again!
So far the 200mg Seroquel is holding him fairly decently. Even he said it made his head feel better... not buzzing so much. He's still squirrely and distracted, but at least he's not bouncing off the walls and he IS cooperative... he's emptying the dishwasher without any complaints!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
He was manageable, but I could tell it was a very fine line he was walking. Hopefully he'll settle back down after a few days at his usual schedule. I'm also thinking it may be time for another check of his depakote levels... he's grown quite a bit this year.