Holey Moley! easy child/difficult child got a letter today congratulating him on...

DDD

Paying off his car loan!! :winnersmiley: He got the car last week. He hasn't paid a payment yet. It is coming out of his account starting in February.

Good Grief! I am not going to let him see the mail (it all comes to my house). I have been bombarded with mail since he got his disability. This letter has nothing to do with that issue. Sigh. I'm assuming that today or tomorrow I will receive a letter correcting today's misinformation. This is from a huge Savings Bank that almost all of our family uses for insurance, auto loans and banking....not Joe Blow's Auto Loan Inc. Yikes! DDD

Mattsmom277

Maybe a money elf paid it off ;)

On a serious note, some of the things that big corporations/banks/whatever do in error are truly just bizarre.

DDD

The letter says they will be sending the release of title. Oh, Lord please don't let that happen. The difficult child part of the kid would not be able to resist that! Fingers crossed somebody double checked and is correcting the giveaway. DDD

donna723

OMG!! If that had been my son, he would have sold that car in ten minues or less and pocketed the money!

All of those big agencies make mistakes, some of them monumental even if they don't want to admit it. I'll never forget the day I took my son to get his drivers license when he was 16. He passed his test and they gave him the license and he put it in his wallet. It wasn't until I was looking at it later that I noticed that they had made a typo on his birthdate. He was born in 1980, the license said 1970! They had just given a 16 year old kid a legal license that would have allowed him to go barhopping anywhere and any time he darned well wanted to!

Last edited:

DDD

Donna, that would have been a dream come true for all my sons...and, of course, GFGmom. LOL DDD

DammitJanet

Hey, hold on to that letter, they may have just made a huge mistake in your sons favor.

When I was in an accident in 97 and someone totaled my car I had to go looking for a new car to drive. On a whim I went to the Ford place to see what they had. I never expected to actually buy a car there but I let them run my credit because I had bought a used mobile home 3 years prior and had been making my payments on time and thought well maybe. You could have knocked me over when they approved me "because your loan company just posted that you have paid off your home loan in a timely manner." WHAT!

A week later I got the title to my single wide mobile home in the mail. I was supposed to be paying for the thing for 8 years. Not 3. I have no clue what happened to the other 5 years but if someone wanted to mess up like that, I wasnt asking questions. My theory was one company sold the loan to another company and the second company marked the loan off as paid instead of owing. Who knows.