Holidays trigger depression for daughter...

Bean

Holidays have always been wonderful and horrid at the same time, when it comes to my daughter. I can't think of a holiday lately in the past few years that she hasn't been sabotaged by her or had the undercurrent of sadness because she wasn't there, or came and ruined it. This year, she actually was there for both Thanksgiving and Christmas and it went OK. She doesn't help or try to come into the fold of the family, but she didn't completely ruin it... always different expectations with these kids, eh? ;)

My daughter gets an almost manic obsessive determination when it comes to holidays - she HAS to find something to do, some party, something, or she's empty, depressed and nervous. I was actually somewhat relieved that she was in jail for her 18th birthday.

But here comes NYE, and of coarse she's on the prowl for excitement. I am going to try not to focus on that, and enjoy the evening with my own friends and family.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Sounds like you have come up with a good plan......... detach, relax....... and just hope for the best..........

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Bean, if it makes you feel any better, this is pretty typical of our kids. Rob used to have a terrible time with the holidays, too. There was too much of everything; too much excitement, too much music, too much stimulation, too many activities, you get my drift.

Enjoy your evening! :wine:

Suz

Last edited: