Nana's are Beautiful
Are you kidding?

Next week are Nichole's finals.

I'm doing the month and a half No School Dance! :thanksgiving2:

No more driving across town 4 times a day. :dance:

ShakespeareMamaX

:thanksgiving2: :dance: :thanksgiving2: :dance: :thanksgiving2:

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Eating without the worry of the cursed principal's phone calls.

Now...if I can stock up on duct tape....

The perfect holiday!!! :smile:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
School has always been respite for me! I love school - kt, on the other hand, has issues on some days. Not my problem.

There's never enough structure in our home to keep kt occupied to the level of school/day treatment. So we go with teaching her "the fine art of boredom". Teaching her to self amuse. And after several years we are beginning to see improvement.

kt is content to spend time in her room, playing on her computer, or dinking around. Of late, we catch her singing to karioke machine & strutting around like Britney. As long as it's in her room!

nvts

Hey BBK! Doing the same faint as you but came up with "my lack of creativity with creative kids" problem that will solve some boredom time!

First: Install "Elf Bowling" on your easy child. It's free and funny and will keep her busy for quite a while. I make them earn "kindness stickers" (5 mins. a sticker, 1 sticker for doing something kind) for time on the easy child. They're "please and thankyouing all over the place!).

Second: Hit your local "Michaels or AC Moores". They have TONS of $1.00 crafts, wood cutouts (washable magic markers), and glue dots (so they're not spilling glue all over the place!). All for a buck or less. I have Christmas crafts "out the wazoo" and I don't s*ck at them! Well, I have a little trouble with scissors but that's ok!

It'll kill a lot of time AND it's cheap! We're also clearing out old and broken toys (if Santa's elves peak in the window and just see messy toy piles, he'll skip this house figuring you guys have too much stuff!).

Ahhhhh, the sweet smell of victory! It's fleeting, but satisfying!

Merry Turkey!

me

:thanksgiving2: :sled:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Who has no school for a week? We only have Thursday and Friday off. It always has bugged me we don't have the Wednesday before Thanksgiving off but a whole week-wow!

It is the week of parent-teacher conferences. So the kids have the whole week off.

nvts, I have a major collection of crafts to keep Tink busy (for giggles, see my post in WC about subtle signs). The thing is, she has the attention span of a raisin. I have to spend 10 minutes explaining to her why she can't come in my room. Then I have to sneak into my closet and pick one thing to keep her busy (if I bring more than one, she rushes through it too fast and then she has nothing to do). The sound of the bags rustling is almost too much for her to bear. She's in the hall literally bouncing off the walls.

By the time we sit down, I am exhausted. We've already almost hurdled through all the crafts. Oh, and she decided to GROW this week so I had to buy her some clothes. And now I am broke.

Do you believe the nerve of this kid??

nvts

I'm sorry, "what?" oh, I guess I wasn't paying attention! :smile:

Bins. Put stuff that you buy at the craft store in those plastic bins from Target or Walmart. It's funny how my kids can't hear me screaming from the next room, but if they hear a plastic bag or celophane they can hear it from the backyard!

If you let her use the computer, search "Turkey Shoot" or put her on "Polly Pocket" or Charlie and Lola.

Bean (difficult child 3) is 6 and LOVES them. I think I mentioned the kindness chart on another post, but if she does something nice (even if it's putting her bowl and spoon in the sink, she earns a 5-minute sticker for computer time. Right now we're sticking Turkeys on the chart.

Otherwise - run screaming into the night (and I'll go with you!!!)

:thanksgiving2:

Later tater!

Beth