Hollow City: The Second Novel of Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children is available

Rabbit

I remember a few of the members here read the first one and liked it.This second novel begins in 1940, immediately after the first book ended. Hugs Rabbit

donna723

I absolutely LOVED the first one and as soon as I finished it, my son read it all in one sitting. I just can't wait for this second one to come out! From what I understand, it won't be released until this spring but it can be pre-ordered on sites like Amazon or Barnes & Noble.

donna723

It might be by now - my son said March. The last time I looked on Amazon I think you could get the Kindle version now but you could only pre-order the actual book. I'll have to look again. I keep buying more and more books and never get around to actually reading them! I have a whole shelf of them now that I haven't even started ... but I keep right on buying them!

trinityroyal

Thanks Rabbit. I read the first one in a single sitting while flying home after a conference (a great airport bookstore find) and have been dying for the next one to come out.

And Donna, I know what you mean. I still haven't finished all of the books I got for Christmas 2011 (or 2012, or 2013). Pretty soon I will need a new book shelf. sigh...

Kathy813

Staff member
I read it and remember it being rather strange. I had the same reaction to The Night Circus. Maybe I am just too analytical and don't have enough imagination.

~Kathy

donna723

Trinity, I remember when the first one came out, I just looked at the picture on the cover and I was hooked! I just HAD to get it and read it! I wonder if the second one will have more of the old photographs? I remember reading that the author had found the photographs first, then crafted the story around the photographs.

trinityroyal

Yay! Must find my way to a book store STAT!

And Donna, yes, after I devoured the book I found a blog and some interviews about the author. Fascinating stuff. He collects antique photos, and started imagining who the people in them were and what they were doing. The story was built around the photos.

Here's the link to the author's blog, if anyone's interested. He seems like a funny, quirky fellow. (Not surprising, really...)
http://www.ransomriggs.com/

Trinity

Kathy813

Staff member
The original book was the only book that I didn't like reading on my Kindle because I couldn't see the pictures. I ended up pulling the book up on my Ipad so I could see the pictures.

Otherwise, I love my Kindle!!

~Kathy

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Believe it or not, I picked up my copy of the original at Dollar Tree for a buck. While I'd love to have the sequel, I'll have to wait and see if it shows up either at goodwill or dollar tree. *sigh*

DDD

Rabbit I'm a big fan of the local library too. Actually it is the only thing I really like about where we live...they do a super job of providing NEW books, movies, games, magazines and puzzles. It's "almost" worth our real estate taxes to have such easy access. DDD

Kathy813

Staff member
Our public library system has an awesome online lending library. I can order books for my kindle and get them instantly. There is a waiting list for bestsellers, though. I just put a bunch on hold and read them as they come available.

~Kathy