Holy Cow!!!!

mom_in_training

Gas..... Just paid $3.92 a gal for the lowest octain. Thats it, I'm done!!!! I have already limited my driving to preserve all that I can. This is just insane. For the most part have been just getting my son to and from school and thats about it. The price at the same station was $3.81 day before yesterday, Yesterday it was $3.87 and overnight it increased to $3.92.

Star*

call 911........call 911
$4.13 here - in anticipation of Memorial Day traffic we suffer :greedy:the GREAT AMERICAN RIP OFF

Abbey

Spork Queen
One word - SCAM.

The supplies are not down. It's putting in the eyes of the public the hysteria about it, then capitalizing on it. My ex is a CEO of one of these companies and the prey on the public to buy into it. He willingly admits this.

Fortunately, I can ride my bike to work if needed.

Abbey

klmno

And I can just picture you, Abbey, riding your bike to work dressed up like a chocolate chip cookie!!

As far as the gas price- no air conditioner in the car for me and grass won't be cut as often, that is for sure.

DammitJanet

This is getting pathetic.

My gas has been increasing at an average of 2 to 4 cents a day here. Its costing me anywhere from 10 to 15 bucks a day to drive. If thats not bad enough...the van that Tony drives to work everyday takes about 25 gallons to fill it up. They work two hours away so thats a 4 hour trip each day not to mention any incidental driving during the day. They have to fill that van up at least 3 to 4 times a week depending. They are now charging all the guys on the van 10 bucks a day to ride. It used to be only 5 bucks a day to ride a year ago. His boss still is going in the hole though...there are 7 guys on the van...but Tony drives so he doesnt have to pay. That makes 6 guys paying the 50 a week...thats only 300 a week and its costing him at least 390 a week in gas alone. He will probably have to go up again on ride charges.

The general contractors sure arent going to pay the subs more to get to the jobs. We arent going to make more money to make up for the gas prices. Food prices are going up because of the gas prices to get the food to the stores but we have less money to spend because of how much it costs to fill our tanks...its insane!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I know what you mean... I've definitely cut my trips around town back to a bare minimum. Spent close to $40 for just 10 gallons yesterday, and that brought my gauge up to the 1/2 way mark. :(

TerryJ2

I do not understand it, either. I don't see where any supplies are low.
I've been smirking for a cpl yrs, driving around in my Prius, expecting this, but this wk I got his with-a $25 fillup and I don't think it's funny any more!!!! I wish we could come up with-better technology.

mom_in_training

Eeeerrrrr, I have a 1998 Pontiac Trans Sport to haul my sons wheelchair without a lift mind you (I am the lift system) to and from school with him being snug in his car seat but I am only getting about 11 MPG and thats it. I have done all that I can to aid in lessening the gas consumption (Clean filter etc... Even just changed out the bypass hose myself that connects to the manifold and water pump to save money. Mechanic was going to charge $45.00, Got it done myself for a whole $7.53) and keeping it parked most of the time But OMG its just rediculous. Next Dr appoinment for my son (GVC) I'm doing the Metro Link. It will be allot cheaper any way I look at it. Oh and I am awaiting an application for the Dial-A Ride as another source of getting my son to and from school to save as well. I will ride with him though. They are all equipted with wheelchair lifts. I cannot imagine how much money we can save on that alone. Already let go of the gardener, Cancelled the satelite, Cut off any long distance from being dialed out on home phone and as far as groceries, Hmmmmm, Very limited and eating allot of sandwiches these days. (No fast food at all).

klmno

Yeah, cost of groceries is another thing. What on earth is driving that cost to go up so much? difficult child is eating me out of house and home and now with the price, GEEZ!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
We're still "cheap". $3.69 as of this morning. Diesel's a dollar higher.

However, I got my scooter fixed. We take the buggy to town frequently, and the horses are doing most of our mowing this year...close the gate, and let them mow.

It STINKS.

mom_in_training

Geeze unfortunately we are not zoned for horses but I wonder if I can get away with a goat to aid in keeping the yard down. Lol!!!! I told my difficult child that I was thinking to somehow get a scooter to do local errands instead of taking the van.

KTMom91

I get pretty good mileage, but I have cut way way back on my driving. That includes not taking half day jobs at schools that are more than 15 minutes away, unless I have something else I need to do near that school. By staying home, I may not get paid, but I don't use any gas, either. We can walk to the grocery store if we just need a couple of things, and walk to the post office, and the library, so I've just been staying home and painting the bathroom!

donna723

Ours was $3.73 here the last few days and then yesterday it went up to $3.79. I honestly don't know what I'm going to do. No public transportation here in our rural area and I drive 32 miles each way to work every day. Nobody I can carpool with either. I drive a little bitty car that gets good gas mileage but I'm still spending way more than I can afford on gas. If would be different if there were things I could cut back on, but I'm already about as cut back as I can possibly get.

mom_in_training

Thats it, I'm mad as ummmm (You know what)!!!! I posted my original messege at I think 9:51 AM this morning after I got home from taking son to school and being upset that the price of gas I had just paid was $3.92 a gal. Well I just picked him up and the same station raised the price again to $3.96. This is just wrong!!!!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I'm thankful that husband works from home ~ no commute, no downtown parking cost.

However, we've cut back on a great deal of driving. No running all over the place; combining running about for groceries & such (though I order much of my grocery by delivery). The biggest trip each week is a visit with wm.

This summer kt wants to do lots of activities; not so much. She can choose one & the rest of the time will be spent with PCA riding her bike back & forth to park or the beach.

Between gas & food prices it's enough to make you crazy. AND it feels a great deal like greed ~ nothing more.

witzend

Drove past regular at $4.09 on Wednesday. We are getting a light rail station about a mile from home that goes directly to husband's work. Unfortunately, it won't be done until September 2009. He's going to be riding the light rail, I swear to goodness.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I've thought about transferring to a school that is closer to home. Not realistic right now as both kids are both going to schools on the side of town we teach on. I do think after easy child graduates (3 years) I may have to seriously consider it. The problem is I love the school I'm at!

These prices are crazy!

Steely

I can only say one thing!
VOTE!!!
:liberty:
The govt is the only one who can change this problem! It makes me sick, but it is true.