Holy Moly! Hades truly HAS frozen over!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Nichole was going to pick katie up in the morning to start preparing for the yard sale Memorial day weekend. Except the roofers disconnected her satellite........so now they're coming to reconnect her tomorrow and Oliver is sick with a bug.....fussy grumpy type sick, so Nichole had to cancel tomorrow.

Soooooooo I called Katie to tell her. Had a rather nice chat. She volunteered to come help me with housework (including scrubbing down walls) and yard work. Volunteered M to come help with the yard work...........and when he heard her he volunteered himself. I told both to be careful about volunteering because I do put people to work. lol

Both seemed excited to help.

Now M can be very helpful I know.........and has volunteered in the past........has also surprised me by helping. But Katie? That is a first.......and eager? I think the devil is wearing a parka. lol

Since I've been killing myself in the yard..........hmmm........might take them up on it when it comes to tilling the garden ect. Since I'm also trying to prep the house for a daycare.......may just take Katie up on her offer to come help clean too. :)

Mattsmom277

Wow. That's fantastic. I think I'd be inclined to accept both of their offers. Just the fact that Katie is happy to volunteer to help you with something is a positive sign and maybe she's needing to do this, give back in a small way.

busywend

Has Katie gotten medical help for her headaches? It is good she is wanting to help out! And M, well at least he will have a better purpose in your life! Haha!

trinityroyal

The devil is wearing a parka AND snow boots. But hey, this is a good thing. I agree with DDD...put them to work mucking out the garden. Good for them, and good for you.
So glad to hear this update.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well, I plan to put them to work................I don't turn down help, especially here lately. LOL

In fact, Katie is coming to help tomorrow. I'd enlist M except I think it's supposed to rain which would put a damper on him helping with yard work..........so that might be saturday.

easy child was wanting to get everyone together to do the tilling/remainer of the yard work............then have a long term food storage event later (we pack away dry goods for storage, do it together not to waste materials) AND let all the grandkids play. I think Nana would keel over about half way through all that. LOL I've got to try to find a way to break it up somehow into a day or two. That is too much work, too much commotion all at once.

Memorial day weekend Katie is helping with the yard sale. I DO plan to do my best to put them to work (all of them) in the garden this year. I want Katie's kids to taste home grown veggies/fruit. I have a feeling their menus will dramatically increase. :)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I believe we're starting Saturday...........Nichole is trying to avoid bringing along children. (they want to take things OUT of the sale lol ) So her husband will watch Aubrey and Oliver. So, the way it stands now, Sat, Sun, and Mon. We don't do much special for Memorial day these days. easy child, Katie, and Nichole will be coming to set it up Friday so we have little to put out come Sat morning. I open usually at 9am. (got doggies to take care of lol )

If my family room is any indication?? This is going to be HUGE. Nichole has packed her car to bursting for the 2nd time (bringing it down today). easy child swears she has tons of stuff. (I won't let her bring it over until the friday prior. lol And Katie will be adding things. And it will be priced to sell. I want this place emptied once and for all of everything I don't want. I won't exactly get that of course........there is still the silver to sell.......the odds & end pieces........and those d@mn stamps everyone keeps volunteering to help me find a good person to take them to and then well.......still waiting. lol

There will be everything from antiques to baby items. Toys out the wazoo. (my grandchildren are spoiled......in volume by other grandparents)

I dunno what I'll do once I can walk around freely in my family room again. :rofl:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
OK, it is officially on my calendar... I will probably have Meggie but not Jett. Maybe my Mom, but we'll see there.

I can't wait... I miss you!

susiestar

Roll With It
I wish I could be there! Garage sales are my FAVORITE thing, lol. I think it is great the whole family will be there! It is awesome that Katie, M and the kids are getting more involved.

Maybe Nana needs to take some rest periods while the kids and grands do some of the work? With your health issues, Lisa, there is NOTHING wrong with taking breaks and lettign the younger generations do more of the work. If I had phone numbers, I would contact Nichole and easy child and suggest this. even though it might make you upset. You MUST pace yourself if you want to be able to continue this for the long run. it is one of those facts of life that come with getting older and having health problems. Especially if you want to be there for the kids and grandkids in years to come.