Holy Zeus, I can't believe he wrote this

JJJ

After difficult child attended his first mass at the school, he told me that everyone had to walk up to communion regardless of beliefs, but only Catholics could actually receive it. The non-Catholics had to cross their hands over their chest sort of like an X, and the move out of the line. I've never heard of that b4.
:)

They all walk up so the non-Catholics can still receive a blessing. Also, any Catholic child that has not made their first communion (generally around 7 or 8) must cross their arms too. And, technically, any Catholic that has been separated from grace is not allowed to receive communion until they have been Reconciled, so they would have crossed arms as well.

(When a Catholic commits a mortal sin (not just a venial sin), they have chosen to separate themselves from God's grace. They may not receive communion until they feel remorse for their actions and confess their sin to a priest in the Sacrament of Reconciliation.)

DammitJanet

Threeshadows...Yes I am up later these days. My insomnia is getting the better of me lately. I am up even though I am taking my medications which isnt a good sign...ugh.

Terry, I just googled "biblical video games" and I got hits. There seems to be one called The Bible Game that is available for download on easy child or available for Xbox. Also other sites came up for playing games online. There is a company called Wisdom Tree that seems to market this type of game. Maybe take a look.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Thinking back, I can remember these "Real History" comic books that I used to love.

They had Christian comic books on the same rack with the history ones. I leafed through a couple of the religious ones but I do not remember which sect of the belief system they applied to.

They were basically illustrated bible stories aimed at the single-digit age group

TerryJ2

JJJ, oooh, that makes sense.
I'm thinking that people who are getting a divorce don't receive communion. One of my sisters is divorced and I think for a while she had to do that until it was annulled.

Janet, I hope you get some sleep!
Thanks for the links. I will check them out.

GoingNorth ... single digit age group. Hmm. ;) I guess I'll move on to video games. Sigh.