Home again, home again,

witzend

jiggety jig. :) Apparently I had a regular colitis. Not certain what got it all acting up, but it wasn't a clot (thank god) and it wasn't a nasty "infectious colitis" that could have come from any food or unwashed godknowswhat.

So, I am back home with a stash of antibiotics that could choke a horse. Thanks to everyone for keeping the angels on my side! Now we wait for the bill... :(

DDD

Phew/Whew! Sorry you had the problem but sure glad it wasn't anything too scarey. Hugs DDD

Kathy813

Staff member
Thanks for the update, Witz. I have been thinking about you. Glad it turned out to be relatively minor.

~Kathy

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so glad. Colitis is no fun. Take all the antibiotics because what will be left if you don't is super hard to get rid of. Also ask the doctor about diflucan for yeast. It is no fun if that gets overgrown because it can create even more problems and can be excruciating.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Glad you are home. You may be feeling better, but the good bacteria in your digestive tract are not very happy right now. The powerful antibiotics are plain going to kill off the poor things.

I'd suggest going to the health food store and buying the best probiotics you can find. You want the ones that have to be kept in the fridge. Take those according to label directions, AND eat live culture yoghurt or drink LC Keffir if you can find it and like it.

Flavored yogurt is fine, so long as it is live culture. I like to recommend "Greek" yoghurt as it is usually fat-free, is thick and creamy, and much tastier than regular yoghurt. Just be sure to get live culture as not all are.

Hope you continue to feel better.

DammitJanet

Glad you are home. Dont you have a supplement to cover most of the bill?

If you want to hear something funny...when I was in the hospital in the coma I could hear commercials on TV about Medicare supplements and such and I was worried even while in the coma that I would have this huge bill and that they might kick me out...lol. I heard the most interesting things while in the coma and came to such odd conclusions!

witzend

Yeah, my gut is fairly well germ free at this point - which sounds good but of course is not. They have me on Flagyl and Cipro which is what I was getting by IV in the hospital. The Flagyl is really doing a number on me. I did go to the nutrition store today and bought a big bottle of Saccharomyces Boulardii. I am so zoned out at this point it's pitiful.

It's not the best diet in the world, but I know I'm going to lose some weight! I could sure think of some better ways to do it, though!

trinityroyal

So glad to hear it wasn't a clot or infectious colitis. Hope the probiotics keep you well balanced as you choke down the antibiotics, and hope you have a quick and smooth recovery.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Witz, try to pick up some lactobacillus and Streptomyces probiotic. you've got the healthy yeast there, but you also need the healthy bugs.

Flagyl is miserable. I had to take it when I got clostridium difficile enterocolitis after surgery for a bowel obstruction. It does what it's supposed to do but really throws things out of balance while it does so.