Home Cure for Restless Leg

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by meowbunny, Aug 6, 2008.

1. meowbunny

meowbunny New Member

At a neighborhood party, a lady was telling me about a home remedy for restless leg syndrome. It sounded almost comical. Well, at 3 AM my legs were getting crazy on me. I took her advice and within minutes my legs were calm. I was amazed.

What was it? Believe it or not, you take a bar of Irish Spring and place it in the sheet by your calves. I wrapped mine in a dish towel one layer thick since my skin is pretty senstive. Was it the power of suggestion? Who knows. I was just so grateful that it worked. At least it's a cheap cure, relatively speaking.

2. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

Hmmmm... sounds pretty amazing. Wonder if it will work as well the next time you try it?

3. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader

I did that for H and it did nothing. I was so hopeful too. And then, so sad it didn't work. And to make matters worse, H became angry with me for trying to cure something he claims he doesn't have! Hahah - what a weenie. :tongue:

4. Josie

Josie Active Member

I used to get leg cramps a lot. One night I was so desparate, I tried a bar of soap (probably Ivory soap) under the sheet, too. It worked! I had the soap under there for months. Sometimes I got cramps again but usually I was traveling and didn't have my soap. Even if it is power of suggestion, it did work for a long time for me.

5. witzend

witzend Well-Known Member

Try getting him to drink a gin and tonic. There's quinine in the tonic and that will stop leg cramps. Pour one for yourself while you're at it! ;)

6. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

I've done the soap thing...it worked for a while, but isn't any longer. I think I'll try a vodka tonic (I don't like gin).