Home Cure for Restless Leg

meowbunny

At a neighborhood party, a lady was telling me about a home remedy for restless leg syndrome. It sounded almost comical. Well, at 3 AM my legs were getting crazy on me. I took her advice and within minutes my legs were calm. I was amazed.

What was it? Believe it or not, you take a bar of Irish Spring and place it in the sheet by your calves. I wrapped mine in a dish towel one layer thick since my skin is pretty senstive. Was it the power of suggestion? Who knows. I was just so grateful that it worked. At least it's a cheap cure, relatively speaking.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I did that for H and it did nothing. I was so hopeful too. And then, so sad it didn't work. And to make matters worse, H became angry with me for trying to cure something he claims he doesn't have! Hahah - what a weenie. :tongue:

Josie

I used to get leg cramps a lot. One night I was so desparate, I tried a bar of soap (probably Ivory soap) under the sheet, too. It worked! I had the soap under there for months. Sometimes I got cramps again but usually I was traveling and didn't have my soap. Even if it is power of suggestion, it did work for a long time for me.

witzend

Try getting him to drink a gin and tonic. There's quinine in the tonic and that will stop leg cramps. Pour one for yourself while you're at it! ;)

KTMom91

I've done the soap thing...it worked for a while, but isn't any longer. I think I'll try a vodka tonic (I don't like gin).