Home

JJJ

My mom and I took Piglet and Tigger on vacation for a week. We had an amazing time, both kids were so good.

husband stayed home with Eeyore since he could not miss school. They had a great time.

Now that we are back together, Eeyore is being horrible. He has finals this week + his girlfriend is aggravated with him (I see a break-up coming) + he is chafing at bit because he wants more freedom than he had earned or could handle.

Why does he think that acting like a two-year old will "prove" that he is an adult?

T

TeDo

I was wondering where you've been. Welcome back. Ready to go back on vacation again???

buddy

Why does he think that acting like a two-year old will "prove" that he is an adult?

OMGosh! This is the PERFECT way to put what I feel every day!!!! Exactly what I think as I endure tantrum after tantrum over wanting to do more and be out with friends and all the other kids get to....AAAAARRRRRGGGGGG

JJJ

Ugh! He was actually able to express himself very well after school that he is so worried that he will be losing his allowance (must keep a 2.5) that he is totally stressed about the exams. We talked about how if he studied, he would feel better about knowing the material. Then I had to take Piglet and Tigger to their activities. I come home at 7pm -- he is already in bed asleep, did not study at all. So, so glad we have a therapist appointment scheduled right after grades are posted. He is going to be one unhappy boy.

cubsgirl

I'm glad that you enjoyed your vacation! Sorry to hear that Eeyore did not study - glad you have that therapist appointment too.

L

Liahona

Do you think it the end of school stress, his teenagerness, or a combination of both?

TerryJ2

Ugh. I hear you!

I do. Not. Understand. These. Kids.

They just act and react. They cannot plant, they cannot reason.

I am so sorry.
But I'm glad you had a fab vacation!!!

JJJ

Do you think it the end of school stress, his teenagerness, or a combination of both?

It is everything...

*different schedule for finals
*teachers and peers are acting 'different' since they are focusing so hard on finals
*stress of taking the finals
*stress of school year ending
*anticipatory stress about summer school (freaking out since it isn't a 100% what class he will be taking)

He was pretty good at Piglet's graduation tonight, so I am grateful for that.

He still is studying for about 4-5 minutes and declaring that he is done. I told him to quit telling me that he is studying because we'll just argue.

Glad to hear you had a wonderful vacation but sorry it's back to reality so soon! I used to always hate the end of the school year. My difficult children were always at their "difficult child" best. difficult child 1 never studied or even pretended to study. difficult child 2 used to stress 24/7 about not getting perfect grades.

I'm glad he was good at piglet's graduation. Hoping it's a sign of more good things to come... SFR