homemade caramel chocolate syrup!

susiestar

Roll With It
My mom gave me some books and one of them is a mystery set in a coffeeshop. It has some neat recipes in it.

The BEST recipe is for "Foolproof Caramel Chocolate Syrup". It sounds AMAZING, totally wonderful and very versatile sounding.

Foolproof Caramel Chocolate Syrup (makes about 2 cups)

1 c heavy (whipping) cream
1 c light karo syrup
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c light brown sugar, packed
1/8 tsp salt

Combine above ingredients in a non-stick or teflon saucepan. Stir over medium heat until smooth. Bring to rolling boil and maintain for 8-10 minutes. Continue to stir intermittently - do not let burn.

8 oz milk chocolate or 1 c milk chocolate chips
4 Tbsp (1/2 stick) salted butter
Pinch of cinnamon (small one)

In a separate saucepan melt butter and chocolate together, stir until smooth.

Pour the chocolate mixture into the saucepan with the caramel syrup and stir over heat until smooth. If there are still lumps, remove sauce from non-stick pan and whisk in bowl until completely smooth. Syrup thickens as it cools. Add 1 tsp vanilla after syrup is smooth.

Serve warm. Store in refrigerator.

Tip #1: Store in sturdy plastic squeeze bottle. (NOT one from $1 store - they will break if you try to heat it up more than 1-2 times - been there done that.)

Tip #2: To reheat place in warm water bath or nuke for short intervals, stirring/shaking THOROUGHLY between heating session.

You can experiment with any kind of chocolate you want.

To make a caramel-chocolate latte cover the bottom of the cup with the syrup. Add a shot of espresso and stir (or fill cup 1/3 to 1/2 way with your favorite coffee). Heat milk and fill cup. Stir to mix.

If you don't have the equipment to steam the milk you can heat it in the microwave. You can even use a whisk to bring up the froth. There are special whisks for this, but any whisk can work.

Serve with whipped cream and a drizzle of syrup on the top.

Adapted by Susie

Be CREATIVE with this. You can make plates look fancy, add it to other desserts, even use it to dress up a cake mix.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
...Be CREATIVE with this. You can make plates look fancy, add it to other desserts, even use it to dress up a cake mix.

...or drizzle it over your favorite significant other...

OMG :surprise: WHO SAID THAT?

(Scooting to the corner with Star*, Abbey and Toto...)

susiestar

Roll With It
I was THINKING it, but having just barely gotten out of the corner was trying to be nice.

Or, maybe I just posted the recipe to see how many of you were thinking the way I was, and wanted to see if I could get you to join me in the cooler??? Hmmm.... I'll never tell if that was my idea behind this!

(and back to the corner I go!)