Hooray, I was approved for a mobile home.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Great news Jody, congratulations! Oh, about your friend, I agree with Tiapet, some folks are just very possessive about their cars, my parents were like that, they never let any of us drive their cars, ever. She likely has a completely different perspective on loaning cars then you do, don't let it mess with your friendship. HUGS.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Jody, I am SO thrilled for you! I don't garden - I kill plants - but I like HAVING that dirt, Know what I mean??

Honestly I think your friend might've had a bad day. I don't let too many people drive my car without me - my parents, husband. That's it. And it took AGES before I let husband drive it!!!

rejectedmom

Enjoy your new home! I would not worry about the friend who declined to lend her car. Many people with really good hearts are not comfortable lending out their vehicles. I will lend my utility trailer but not my car or john boat. If someone needs to borrow my van I drive or I decline. Just my thing. -RM

DammitJanet

Oh I wanted to tell you, that size mobile home is huge for a singlewide. Really it is. I raised 2 (sometimes 3) boys in one that size for years. It will be plenty big for you. If I had my druthers, I would go down to one that size in a heartbeat. Much easier to take care of than this monstrosity. I have too much home. I have two of your new home put side to side...lol. Can you imagine? Its just way too big for me now. I did need it when I got it though because I had to have all the bedrooms when I brought my mom up to live with us.

When you decide to get rid of the carpet, save up for laminate wood and you can get it really cheap on sale and put it down in just the rooms you decide. The living room will be small enough to do first for just a few bucks. Im sure the kitchen is already vinyl. If that is in good shape I would leave it. Just laminate the living room and hallway and then think about carpet squares for the bedrooms. That would be the cheapest way to change out the green carpet. Can you tell I have been thinking about rehab for the past several years? Its gonna take me a bunch more money. LOL. Oh and one thing. Mobile home fixtures are different than normal house ones. You do have to buy them at a mobile home store. Like you cant buy a new front door at Lowes. It has to be made for a Mobile Home.

I will warn you that it wont be as air tight as a normal house so pick up some of those special plastic storm windows you can get at the hardware stores and put on the windows and tape them up and use a hair dryer to make them tight. If you ask somewhere like Lowes or Home depot they will know what you are talking about. That will keep air out. If you do have screens on the windows, take care of them like gold. They get gone easy. If you have to replace them, go to a mobile home store or you can do like I have done and duct tape screen around the window on the outside...lol.

Jody

It is enough for me, in about three years my difficult child will have left me too and then it will be just me with a dog or two. The windows are new thermopane windows. hopefully i won't have any problems with those. I am too excited. I love the laminate, and the kitchen floor is nice. I like the idea of the rugs for the bedroom, because they do have nice rugs out there and the carpet is nice and clean its just bright. lol. I want to move now. I will be moving right in the middle of February, hopefiully it wont be a major snow storm.