Hoorrible slavery demo!

susiestar

Roll With It
I didn't see a post about this, but if it is a duplicate let me know.

A teacher at a middle school was intending to demonstrate conditions on a slavery boat.

She demonstrated something alright!

She took 2 girls (1 a volunteer and the one in the story NOT a volunteer) and duct taped their hands and feet. Then she made them crawl under their desks to illustrate the crowded conditions on a slavery board!!!

She did apologize - for using poor methods.

She did NOT apologize for the trauma caused to one child who was descended from slaves.

this just horrifies me! What kind of mind thinks up duct taping girls hands and feet for ANY reason??

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
My ex husband #2 thinks in terms like that. He duct taped easy child and his son one day. I came in to see it and we won't go into what happened afterward.

I would be livid beyond compare with the teacher and the school.

beth

susiestar

Roll With It
Oh, when Wiz was at his most violent and having homicidal ideations my idiot husband let wiz duct tape him (husband). Wiz taped his hands AND feet together, and then put tape over his mouth. I came in as Wiz was debating putting tape over husband's NOSE.

Needless to say I was furious. Mostly at husband because HE brought up the subject of taping up people and then he ALLOWED Wiz to tape him up.

I removed ALL duct tape from the house to a locked box in the garage.

I also took away both Wiz AND husband's computer privileges.

Maybe that is part of why I thought this so horrendous.

goldenguru

OK. What the teacher did was stupid. The teacher promptly apologized. The school district apologized.

I smell a lawsuit.