Hoping the Proverbial Fan has Not Been Hit...

buddy

So, I am not a tech person, could they have stolen everything, passwords, account numbers ...everything from his laptop??? Holy cow what a mess.... I would change email and any other accounts and passwords if I was him. I am sure he has thought of all that now, in hindsight...so sorry he had to go through that (and you too)

HUGE relief that he did not lose his job! yay for you guys!!!!

DammitJanet

Just got a chance to get online again. Whew what a mess! Glad job is okay. I also would cancel card and get a new card. Change all passwords and such..just to be safe. Hugs.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
HD, they have had ex-employees try to sabotage their system before. I wouldn't be surprised if the person behind this latest scam was a past contractor. Not long ago, somebody changed ONE small piece of code buried in a program and it had them scrambling for days to figure out the problem. They couldn't prove who did it, but they had some very strong suspicions over who it could be. The fact that someone had access to that data and they couldn't figure out who it was is a huge red flag that they have major holes in their corporate security/processes/procedures. This is a much smaller company than husband was at before, and their level of technical sophistication is much lower than what he's accustomed to.