Horrible Smell!

buddy

I was trying to figure out what was smelly in my kitchen for the past several days.....thought I missed something in my refrigerator, took out the garbage again etc.....
I finally found it. I went to get a package of rice out of the cupboard and found the bottom was sticky. The shelf was wet. I had put a package of frozen shrimp in the cupboard instead of the freezer! omgosh, so glad I found it. cleaned everything out. how crazy-! I just put stuff away too fast and it was a box of similar size. I usually bag all frozen stuff together but obviously I goofed. Horrible!

JKF

OMG! That must have been horrible! I've put ice cream away in the fridge before but never shrimp in the cupboard! lol Glad you found it!!!!

susiestar

Roll With It
I spent several years of my childhood/teens first checking the freezer when my mom couldn't find anything. She was on a medication that interfered with short term memory (with-o the fun of drinking, lol) and would forget what she was holding and seemed to keep putting things in the freezer. Shoes, pens, postits, you name it, we found it. she really didn't lose things too often, but when she did, we finally started looking in the freezer first. Really cracked us up.

I am glad you found that smell and took care of it.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
OMG that smell had to be horrid! At least you found it.

I had a smell in the kitchen once several years ago in the house we rented. Could not for the life of me figure out what the foul odor was or pin point it enough to find the source. I hunted and hunted. It took forever, actually I'd stopped looking and given up, and I was cleaning out cabinets one day..............well in the space of cabinets meant for a lazy susan (there was none) it was awfully deep and dark back there. I put the broom back to make sure it was clean............and found an ancient mouse carcass. ICK

Now I recognize that smell immediately and hunt until I find it regardless. But I've only found one other one. A cat we had had killed it and stashed it between the washer/dryer instead of leaving it as a present or eating it.

DammitJanet

Dead mice are something you can never forget but that reminds me, a couple of days ago I was on the phone with Tony as I walked in the door. I had just let Abby off her chain and was bringing her in the house. As I rounded the corner to go in the kitchen I stopped dead in my tracks and screamed bloody murder. There was a dead squirrel laying face up in on my kitchen floor!

I have no idea how it got in. I dont think she brought it in because she would have had to have it in her mouth and get by me and drop it there and then run back to lay on the couch very fast. I think she would have still been playing with it instead of just dropping it there. Tony told me it was the squirrel Jamie killed when he was down and evidently the dogs kept dragging it back up in the yard. He told me to get it out of the house. Ya think? LOL.

T

TeDo

and WHEN did you buy the shrimp? EWWWW Glad you found it and was able to get rid of it. I can only imagine the "insanity" of smelling it but not having a clue where to even start looking since you don't know WHAT you're looking for. Ugh

Tiapet

Old Hand
YUCK! That must have been one nauseating smell buddy... I feel for you.

In this house on rare occasions that will happen but more often it's actually finding things. Things get put places and forgotten where they are put period and not found for a long time or never found. Glad you found it in this case! lol

buddy

Lol it was a week almost ....so by day 3 I started smelling it...yeah gross.

I do know the smell of dead mice! That is awful too!

A trophy squirrel Janet? Pretty generous!