Horrific accident kills 5 local teens

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by rejectedmom, Dec 5, 2011.

1. rejectedmom

rejectedmom New Member

A horiffic car accident took the lives of 5 local teenagers today. Please pray for all the families and friends affected by this tragedy. I am sitting by the TV waiting for the names of the deceased and injured.

2. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member Staff Member

How awful. Sending prayers to those families.

Nancy

3. buddy

buddy New Member

Just one of the worst nightmares that can happen. so sorry for those families

4. rejectedmom

rejectedmom New Member

The local news reported a few minutes ago that there are parents sitting on the side of the road wondering if one of the victims is their child. The road has been closed since it happened this afternoon and the parents walked in. I cannot imagine...

5. donna723

donna723 Well-Known Member

Oh how awful! And right before Christmas too! I think that must be every parents worse nightmare. Prayers for all involved.

6. SearchingForRainbows

SearchingForRainbows Active Member

It's always tragic when a young person's life ends. Having five young lives end so tragically is almost too difficult to comprehend. Prayers being said for all of their families...

7. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

Including all these families in my prayers. My heart surely goes out to them. How tragic. :(

8. AnnieO

AnnieO Shooting from the Hip

I will definitely include them in my prayers. How horrible...

9. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

My thoughts are with them. I'm sure the whole community will be impacted. So sad. DDD

10. rejectedmom

rejectedmom New Member

their names were released today. I do not know any of them but their deaths have affected the entire community. They were just kids all from one high school on their way home after school. No drugs or alcohol involved just driver error. Apparently he strayed onto the shoulder and then over corrected and ended up in the oncomming lane and was hit head-on by a pickup truck. The young family in the truck are physically ok but I can't imagine the emotion damage this will have on them. A vigil was held a the school this mornning. So very sad.

11. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

12. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

I hope they have grief counselors at the school asap. That's alot to digest by teens. Actually, it's alot to digest by the community. What a sad week this is going to be. DDD

13. Jody

Jody Active Member

Oh this is so sad. I have two teenage daughters and I just can't imagine something like this happening. I will keep their families in my prayers.