Hospital called and said their not 100% on their diagnosis

Jena

hi to all

so my gut was dead on. hospital dr. who did testing called today and said ok i think i have made an oversight and would like her in for more testing. i reviewed my findings with our group and we feel that there may be some memory issues and she is showing some huge issues in her executive functioning skills and a few others as well.

i then said i would like you to have yet another conversation wtih the school staff regading the "mania" they claimed not to see. i had a conversation with them and told them to look up what "mania" actually is. they were very upset with me for not just thanking them for being the "wonderful" people they are.

my attitude now and i am always nice to people by the way is i don't care i said to them you answered not a question in which you truly had no idea what the meaning of it was or what you were looking for.

the dr. at hospital also said taht they'd like video or tape recording of rin at home.

so it's another 1,000 that i dont' have right now for the further testing. hospital is going to call my ex to see if he'll pay because i certainly cannot i paid the 4k already for the first round not to mention past 2 years of doctors tha the didn't.

so we shall see.

klmno

That is great! (Well, not the cost part but the other). It's good they want to see a video too. by the way, you probably already know but the memory and functioning issues are common for mood disorders, I am coming to learn.

I love the way you have pegged the school- you are dead-on right about how they approach things and what they expect us to do!! Funny how they forget that it is our taxes that pay their salaries, not the other way around.

tammyjh

I'm glad you received the call and they want to do more testing but I agree that you shouldn't have to pay for their oversight...or at least they should reduce the cost.

Hoping that your ex will help out with this.

B

butterflydreams

I am also glad they are going to do further testing. I really feel for you. I hear you on the whole expense thing though, its tough. I hope that they are able to get some answers for you.

{{{{HUGS}}}}

Christy

Jena

hi guys

thanks. well school staff is hating me but who cares. dr. claims that this testing is not part of the initial evaluation hence the added cost. i addressed that almost immediately. my ex is going to have to cough it up or we will be back in court again.

tammyjh

We have the same attitude about the school system but we've been lucky in that they've been willing to work with us pretty well so far. husband put it on the line though. He doesn't mince words often so they know where he stands. He tones it down for the dr.'s and therapists but he still speaks his mind.

Wishing you lots of luck and hope your ex doesn't give any problems with the $.