Hot, hot, hot!!

muttmeister

It was 108 degrees here today with a heat index far above that. Thank God for air conditioning. HOwever, I still much prefer this to January.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm tap dancing on my electric bill and DF's need to be a polar bear. $400.00 - YOU CAN HAVE YOUR BLOODY AIR CONDITIONING.......and his window unit too. Even the day it was 110 here? I didn't need any more than the dogs pool and a ceiling fan. I think just for kicks I'm going to buy a meat locker and put a tv in it. THAT'll fix 'im.

T

TeDo

Heat index at 106 here. We don't get heat like this hardly ever (2-3 times all summer). We had 2 days last month and now we're in for 2 more. Just last week our highs were in the mid 60's. UGH!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well since community action announced they'll foot the bill for anyone over 60, including ac units (while vouchers/supply lasts of course), I stopped worrying over the heat too much.

Of course we've been in the 60's and low 70's for at least a week or more. Not complaining a bit about that either.

Sometimes it's nice having husband over 60. No property tax and free electric in the summer. whee! (he plans to be first in line for the voucher)

But I have a feeling we're going to pay for the gorgeous weather we've been having. One way or another. Either your heat wave is going to come our way........or crops will fail or some such. We don't get weather like this. I'm using blankets and it's almost the 4th of July!

DammitJanet

Star, Im surprised your bill is still so high after all the help you got from the agency that came out and did all that work on your house and then replaced your ac unit. Just replacing my ac unit without any of the weatherproofing has made a huge difference in my bill. If I can actually get them to come out and do the other stuff, boy, my bill will really go down!

witzend

It got all the way to 64 today. Woot! And it only rained a little - no snark Star! We tried to have dinner with KTMom and Katie on the patio last night but we got rained out. We sat out there for a while, and Katie bundled up in her sweats. We did dinner al fresco on Monday with Sue Burban and her mom at a little restaurant. It might have hit 70 that day, but it only just sprinkled on us a little that night. Oh, well... I don't have to water the plants much.

On the bright side, there's not much fire danger this holiday weekend!