Housewarming party for EW

mstang67chic

Going Green
EW is now in her fabulous sounding new apartment. What better reason to throw a party? (Like we really need a reason! :tongue: )

I'm bringing a cheesy dip and my favorite frozen adult beverage as well as the required fancy schmancy trash can. Anyone else?

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I am bringing Snicker doodle cake, grasshopper "adult" milkshakes, and a nice set of new lawn chairs for that wonderful porch!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I am bringing a flat of Peoneys, and two Wisteria, three Camilia's (fancy variety), four Daturas - double peach, double yellow, double white and one double purple, Four confederate roses all lavender, five flats of phlox and an iron bed frame to do a "flower bed" theme...it's so cute when you do a quilt with an antique house....confederate jasmine, humming bird vine, camilias, zinzerbanger (ginger), herbs for a garden, tomatos in that topsy turvy thingy, some marigolds to help the tomatos, and a water pot with lillys and a fountain for the newly installed patio with humming bird feeders. NOW I want a drink ......did someone mention sugar free wine?

everywoman

Thanks ladies. I need to eat. I have lost 11 pounds in the last week, and I really need the flowers since husband threw all of mine off of the back porch at the house last night.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
No one mentioned Raoul yet!!!!!

Well, even if he won't be there, I'm bringing raspberry chocolate cheesecake and baklava. To add back at least one of those 11.

Lothlorien

I'll bring the canolis! I will also bring bread and wine (an Italian tradition), so you will never thirst or go hungry!

tiredmommy

EW- I'm just going to fill your freezer with easy, healthful entrees that taste great and will require a simple reheat. I'm also bringing a new barbeque with all the accessories and a wine rack. Just the essentials. :redface:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Loth, if you are bringing cannoli... I am DEFINITELY staying.

Wow, now I have a craving for little tubes with custard in them...

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Bread and salt and and a box of stove matches on my part. It's an old Jewish housewarming tradition in some families. It signifies never being without food and fire.

Of course, tradition aside, I am bringing some lime and garlic and wine marinated skirt steaks to cook on your new grill. I'll send along some crusty bread to eat them with.

Who's doing the salad?

Raoul

Raoul importo-me com os músculos doridos e as caras tristes. I massage e care for Everywomans for relax. I no expect nothing in return. I hope mes queridos happy soon.

Todo meu amor,

You man, Raoul

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I'll bring salads, GN. Potato salad and green salad. I'll also be sure to remove all of the calories, salt, sugar, fat, cholestrol in all of the dishes aforementioned.

My mouth is watering reading this thread........................can't tell if it's because of the food and drink listed.....................................or because Raoul is here. :cutie_pie:

Suz :wine:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'll bring the sporks (since Abbey hasn't piped up)... and devilled eggs... and I really good bottle of Merlot from Napa/Sonoma. :D

nvts

I'll bring raw eggs! After we drink all of the different adult beverages, we'll head on over and throw them at husband on the back porch! :D

Beth

tawnya

I was thinking that back when I used to post all the time, I always brought rose colored glasses to these parties.

What I want to do to "husband" only rhymes with glasses, LOL.

Good for you EW.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Years ago, before I grew a spine, my husband bought an expensive pair of 18th century dueling pistols , clearly a necessity in every average American household . I'll bring those if you want to defend your honor. I will also show up with the traditional case of the best champagne, the evil foie gras and the sinful caviar. No animals or waist lines were hurt in this fantasy.....