Houston, we have a surgery appointment!!!

TerryJ2

Woo hoo!
I have an appointment for a kyphoplasty for my cousin on Monday. I am so excited!
I know she will still be in pain, but even if this only gets rid of a percentage of it, it will be worth it.
Unfortunately, she cannot have any medications or food after midnight Sun. night. So it's going to be a rough morning for both of us.

Last night, the conv/rehab ctr called to tell me that she'd fallen ... again. This is her 3rd time just at this ctr! Fell right on the tailbone. Again.

They said she was on her way to the bathroom (which she's not supposed to do alone, plus, she's supposed to have a potty right next to the bed) and she was barefooted and she slipped.
I bought her 2 pr of treaded socks to wear. Did she have them on? No.

You can lead a horse to water ...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
That's great news! I guess? Kryptonite plastic? Huh?

(JK, I did have to look that one up, though.)

Good thing she's THERE and not staying with YOU. She might not like being tied to her bed...

TerryJ2

Kryptonite! I love it!

Yeah, I know, she was a handful today, even though she double-dosed on her Ativan. She'd fall asleep, then be awakened when someone had to move her, and INSTANTLY ask for medications.
Argh.
I joined Drugs_Com to read about withdrawing from oxycodine, tramadol and vicodin. Tough stuff.