How awesome would this be?!

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by mstang67chic, Jul 18, 2010.

1. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

The Science and Industry museum in Chicago is looking for someone to LIVE there 24/7 for 30 days. If you are the "winner" and do this, you will get 10K and a bunch of other stuff. How fun would this be!!!

ANd be sure to click on the LEARN MORE button. It lists some of the could possibly get to blow stuff up in their lab!!!
  2. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

Could this count as respite? :rofl:
  3. Star*

Star* call 911

They just need to put a bubble over me and OBSERVE.............:anxious: Imagine what THEY could learn watching me for a month. :surprise:
  4. Marguerite

Marguerite Active Member

I'd love to do this! We're museum/zoo junkies in our family, it would be a gift for us to spend the time there. I would especially love the chance to get behind the scenes, into the archive collections. You generally only see about 10% of what they have, on public display.

I doubt they'd take Aussies, though.

5. JJJ

JJJ Active Member

husband said go for it but then I read the rules and I'd have to give up basically all contact with him, the kids, and the rest of the outside world for 30 days. While that sounds awesome (lol), I don't think they'd manage without me :)
  6. GoingNorth

GoingNorth Crazy Cat Lady

I grew up in Chicago so am very familiar with the phenomenal choice of museums that city has to offer. I've been to all of them, many times.
  7. susiestar

susiestar Roll With It

This would be awesome!! I need to suggest it to my Dad and Mom!! They would be love it!
  8. AnnieO

AnnieO Shooting from the Hip

I'd love it... But no contact? I'd be C-R-A-Z-Y!!! Inside of 2 days.
  9. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader

I'm going to sign H up! For strictly selfish reasons, I think he'd love it, lol!~
  10. Star*

Star* call 911

Okay - lemme get this right -

No contact with anyone -----for the whole month AND 10 grand? Plus meals and someone to watch over me?

(expletive) YEAH.
  11. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

I'm there. The use of their library is included, I hope. Nothing but reading and learning for 30 days, with air conditioning...sounds like Heaven.