How 'bout that -- we have a psychiatrist appointment on Friday!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I just am chuckling at myself over this. I completely forgot to write down the difficult children' psychiatrist appointment for this Friday, and it just so happens that difficult child 1 really needs to see the psychiatrist because he's back to picking the skin on his upper arms. :sick: And his GI issues are flaring again. So maybe it's related and maybe we can finally do something right with his medications to address his anxieti(es).

I'm also going to see if the old orders I have for difficult child 2's depakote levels are good, and if they are, I'm taking him in this week because he's been kinda squirrelly the past few weeks since he missed one evening dose of medications. The fact that he's so sensitive and has to take so much Seroquel XR to function makes me wonder if the Depakote is high enough...

So I guess that despite my forgetfulness, things will work out ok this week! Plus it gives us an excuse to get out and away from the in-laws who will likely be here that day! :rofl:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Shari, husband will be working from home on Friday, so HE can run interference with his parents! I imagine I'll time it to leave with the difficult child's after breakfast and come home in time to go out to dinner and start drinking heavily! (the appointment is at 2pm and only about 30 min. away) :rofl:

susiestar

Roll With It
Just make sure they don't decide to come with you to "get to the bottom of" the problems, or to tell the psychiatrist their version of "what is really going on". My mother used to INSIST on going. Then she picked apart everything the doctor said to make him sound like a moron and to make it look like the problems are all because of husband and I. When I wouldn't take her, she would write letters with her delusional version of Wiz' history and the current problems.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Oh geez... no, thank God they don't do THAT! And I would have no problem telling them no. Besides, they haven't made any effort to understand the specifics up to this point and I can't imagine them suddenly taking an interest now. :)