How brains reshape during mood disorders

klmno

I just scanned through this, Heather, and it looks really interesting. I'll have to read it more carefully when I have time. It's a little frightening at the same time. Does it say anything about whether or not it goes back to normal- ever?

houseofcards

Very interesting and somewhat sad to me. The article had me going to many other interesting sites as well. Thanks, I book marked several.

BusynMember

I was told straight out that bipolar long-term, even medicated, can and often does cause cognitive problems. It's not as severe as schizophrenia, but it happens. Sad, I know...

klmno

My grandmother had alzheimers (sp) and the family is full of depression, anxiety (who knows what else un-diagnosis'd) and I've aften wondered if the same gene contributing to difficult child being a difficult child is connected to the alzheimer's gene.

ggluvbug

This is very interesting. My mom is schizoaffective and took about 13 years to get the right mix of medications. She makes comments how the the disease has robbed her of thinking and memory.

I have noticed memory issues with my son now as well.

tammyjh

That is super interesting and I bookmarked it so I can go back to it later and finish reading it. Makes me wonder about my difficult child because we've said and her neuropsychologist exams show that she has regressed :frown: As she has brain injury, we have always thought it was related to that, and may very well be. But it makes me wonder if the regression could be due to her mood being so unstable for so long. Very interesting link. Thanks for posting it.