How did that western union fiasco end up?

InsaneCdn

Just was browsing back over some older threads the other day, and got to wondering... whether or not Steely's horrid saga with Western Union ever got sorted out?

Hopefully THAT isn't still caught in la-la land somewhere...

Steely

Insanse - thanks for asking :) It took them 21 days, and me calling every number and person I could find until I found ONE person that cared enough to realize their error. He refunded it to me in 10 minutes. Amazing, huh. All it took is one person who took his job seriously enough to take action. I also filed a complaint with the attny general, etc.

DDD

Good Grief! Thank heavens for that "one" man but really that's atrocious. Many times in my lifetime I could not have survived 21 days with-o funds that I counted on. You did an awesome job of staying calm and focused on the goal. Wow..twenty one days??? Hard to believe. DDD

Steely

I know DDD - that is what I kept thinking as it was also around Christmas. As mad and angry I was, I was even more mad and angry for the person that this happens to where the Western Union error causes them to be evicted, homeless, hungry, etc. Its not like I could go grab "more" money while I waited-- that money was GONE for 3 weeks. If I had more energy I would do something global - but for now - I have fought enough fights.

DDD

Good decision, Steely. You've been in WM mode for too long and don't need to "take on WU" or any other outside battle. I can relate. Hugs. DDD

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Thank goodness!

But I will say they'll never get my business again. I could never trust them after what they pulled on you.