How do I pick a neuropsychologist professional?

R

remclick

I need to schedule some neuropsychologist testing for my son and I want to make sure I get someone who does a good job for all that money. We don't expect our insurance company to pay for it. I don't know anyone in the area that has had it done and he is a complicated child. Any ideas? Thanks.

T

TeDo

I would start with University hospitals and Children's hospitals. A sure way to tell they are the GOOD ones is .... it's the one you have to wait the longest to see (in most cases). The good ones are usually in such demand that their waiting lists are long. We had to wait 6 months but VERY well worth it. Beyond that, I'm not sure what to tell you.

buddy

yes, that is what I would say too. Check university neuropsychologist clinics which by the way we got to (same one as TeDo but got there a different way) through the neurologist. If you have a neurologist they may be able to steer you to one they like. They are commonly at Children's specialty hospitals especially good, in my humble opinion, are those that cater to kids with disabilities and/or seizures etc.

Good luck in your search, I hope you update us when you find something!