How do I print out a WHOLE thread

Estherfromjerusalem

Last week I asked about Sjogrens Disease and many of you kindly replied. I tried printing out the whole thread to give to my sister-in-law, and it will only print out the first page. How do I go about printing a whole thread?

Love, Esther

TerryJ2

Hi Esther,
I would suggest "Edit" then "Select all," then copy, then print. That way you have it in memory in case it doesn't print.
I have copied threads into pure text and then removed the formatting (one time it did it by itself; wish I could figure out what I did right that time!).

I used to be able to hit "print" and it would print out the whole thread, but it doesn't work any more.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
If you look at the top of a thread by the first post in the thread, there is a drop-down menu under Thread Tools (upper right side). Select "Printable Version" and that should give you what you want. :)

P.S. You'll have to print out each page of the thread, but at least each post is condensed so you don't use up so much paper!

Estherfromjerusalem

GVC mom, I was trying what Terry said while you were posting, so I didn't see it until just now. I did what Terry said, copied it onto a Word file, deleted all the unnecessary stuff and then printed. I had to do each page (10 postings) separately, but I did it. I spoke to sister-in-law this evening and she is waiting to do more tests and get definite results, but it does look like it is Sjogrens. Once she has a definite diagnosis I will post again and see if more information will be forthcoming. This board is a wonderful place and everyone is so good to each other, so thank you. Love, Esther

Estherfromjerusalem

GVCMom, I just went and looked and it is as you said, so next time I want to print I will do it via Thread Tools and Printable Version. Thank you.

Love, Esther

M

Mamaof5

Terry : You probably right clicked and hit "copy without formatting" option if you were in something like MS Word or Works.