How do you deal with an ex who won't leave you alone?

JJJ

Major change is she is getting married and having a baby (a stable home supposedly). My son's address will not be the main one so when he goes to school next year he is afraid she will be able to have her lawyer convince judge to give her custody most of the time because my son is not in the child's school district. Right now they share 50/50. My son is terrified (this word is no exaggeration) that he will only get to see his son every other weekend and maybe Wednesday evenings. He is going to try to put in a stay to keep his ex from moving because then his son will be further from the babysitter than he both trusts and has had for years and whom he wants to keep his son having even before and after school next year...she is close to his home. In short, he doesn't care if she moves, but he wants physical custody going to HIS address. His father has now agreed to pay for THAT, but he isn't going to pay for a further custody battle and ex has both financial support from her now fiance AND from her mother, who is quite wealthy (at least he thinks she is pitching in).

I'm so tired of this mess that he partly made himself and that is also largely beyond his control that I just want to throw up my hands. Tell me again...why do we want kids so much? LOL :)

HER marriage, HER new baby, HER desire to move are NOT a major change of circumstance in the child's life. Starting school (first grade, not before) would be a major change.

I know that you cannot do anything about it but Sportsfan is getting on my nerves! He needs to decide how valuable his relationship is with his child. He needs to hire an attorney. The 'woe is me' koi is not going to help him. Now is the time to invest in an attorney. If they have 50/50 custody right now and mom is asking for a move-away, HE has the upper hand!! He is going to blow it! He needs to start selling stuff if necessary to pay an attorney. A real attorney that believes in dad's as good parents!

I feel so bad for you....if I'm getting this aggravated just reading about it, you must be heartbroken and frustrated completely!!!!