How do you know you have a difficult child?

gcvmom

Here we go again!
You know you have a difficult child when you smell their breath to be sure they brushed their teeth, and smell their hair and body after a shower!!

:rofl: So, you've BEEN to my house, too?! difficult child 1 swears he uses soap and shampoo, but my nose knows better!

Let's see... five holes in the drywall (2 courtesy of husband/difficult child 4, 3 from difficult child 1&2),

Broken diningroom table (thanks to husband/difficult child 4),

difficult child fingernails are actually petri dishes for science experiments,

difficult child's love to wear favorite articles of clothing until said articles are able to stand on their own in the corner, and will only remove them for washing under threat of bodily harm or once in a blue moon, whichever comes first....

trinityroyal

Oh. I can so relate to all of this.

You know you have a difficult child when you have to search coat, shirt and pants pockets, inside socks, and between the shells and linings of his winter boots when he's been out of the house under constant supervision for less than an hour, AND you find contraband when you do.

You know you have a difficult child when his favourite shirt consists of a few cotton molecules held together by air. (But it's so soft, Mom. You can't throw it out)

I can relate to the post-shower inspection as well, and the favourite clothing.

(I've just finished repairing the last of the holes in the walls and repainting. In the process of replacing all of the broken light switches...difficult child liked to snap them off...sigh)

You know you have a difficult child when you tell them "we are going to such and such a place" and they interrupt with "OHILOVEYOUMOMMY" and hugs and kisses...but when you finish your sentence, "...as soon as you pick up your mess," you get "I HATE you to the bone, you are the MEANEST MOM EVER" complete with her scratching herself in the face and slamming her head into the wall and throwing things across the room.

I knew I had a difficult child from the first time she kicked in utero. She about dislocated my spleen.

Group hug for the difficult child mommies.

happymomof2

You know other moms that DO NOT have a difficult child when you share any of these stories with them and they go "huh? I don't get it." My 2 sisters to be exact.

All of these stories we can all relate to so well, it's kinda scary. Makes me wonder how in the world we survive, but survive we do. (Insert warrior smiley here)

You know you have a difficult child when they bring there point sheet home from school and tell you they got in trouble for this or that and the only thing you ask is "Did you make your day?" (Point wise that is)

meowbunny

You know you have a handful and a half when your body is a mass of bruises, you have 3 stitches and a broken finger all occurring within one week after the two-month honeymoon period ends.

You know you have a problem child when everyone asks you what to do when their child does X and you can come up with an idea without even thinking because your kid already did it.

You know you have a problem child when the sheep dog, the light-colored cat, the guinea pig and hamster (and the bathroom and your bedroom) are beautiful shades of red and green (jello/kool-aid) and your ONLY child thinks the OTHER dog did it!

You know you have a pain in the neck kid when you say you're going out and will be back in 3 hours, come back in 1 and find the house full of kids -- most of whom you would slam the door in their face if they came to it while you were home.

You know you have a something or other when she whines non-stop that you're acting like you don't love her; you explain you do but things have to change at home for the good things to happen and she still refuses to do what is needed and it's ALL YOUR FAULT!

You know there's a problem with you when a major mishap just gets an "oh, well, doo-doo happens" but a sudden silence gets you running through the house to see what's wrong. You don't cry when your crystal is being thrown across the room because she couldn't go to an x-rated movie at 12, but you'll bawl your eyes out when she tears up the card she made you for Xmas because it was one of the few things she ever gave you that truly came from her heart.

Josie

You know you have a difficult child when you leave the door on to her bedroom even though she slams it frequently and you can hear something about to break in there, because you are afraid of what could happen if she doesn't have the door to slam.

You know you have a difficult child if when she screams "I hate you" for asking her to pick up her back pack, you don't even care if she is heading towards her bedroom.

You know you have a difficult child when your difficult child screams, "F*** You!!!", and you calmly reply by saying, "You have lost 15 minutes of your REWARD TIME," and calmly mark the chart on the refrigerator.

You know you have a difficult child when bits of "snot" decorate the walls of your home.

You know you have a difficult child when your idea of a good time is being home alone in total silence.

You know you have a difficult child when you dread the weekends and can't wait for Mondays.

You know you have a difficult child when your calendar is filled with appointments - psychiatrists, tdocs, school meetings, etc...

You know you have a difficult child when an entire day goes by, nothing unusual happens, and you're walking on eggshells anyway. WFEN

klmno

It is pitiful to know that all of us here can relate to all that has been said in this thread- at least the side of me laughing is winning out over the side of me wanting to cry- and, I know I'm not alone! This is a good place to be when no one in our daily lives really undeerstands what our lives are like.

:cheers:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
You know you have a difficult child when an entire day goes by, nothing unusual happens, and you're walking on eggshells anyway.

Oh, yeah. That is soooo my life. lol

You know you have a difficult child when teachers, the principal, asst principal, the office secretary, and even the school nurse scatter when you enter the school building.

You know you have a difficult child when a school rules about "snacks" not allowed in class is altered for your child so they don't switch from Dr Jekyl into Mr. Hyde.

You know you have a difficult child when your daughter can't get a date because all the boys in school are terrified she'll beat them up.

I've also done the "smell test" after showers for years lol