How do you relax or deal with stress? Yoga?

BusynMember

I'm not very good at yoga because I can't shut off my mind...lol. Any other suggestions? Yes, a good workout helps, but is there anything else?

smallworld

Definitely a good workout or long walks help with stress.
Also hot showers or baths.
Have you ever tried knitting? It's very therapeutic for me.

M

ML

Walking definitely helps me. Also, making jewelry, specifically bead work. I recently tried my hand at this and it was surprisingly therapeutic.

Sue C

uhhhhhhhhhhh...........I don't. If Melissa has upset me and she drives away in her car, sometimes I actually SCREAM alone in the house. Not swearing or anything, just screaming like "Aaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!"

Oh--I guess that is my way of dealing with stress. LOL

sue

Wiped Out

Staff member
Working out is number 1 for me but reading a good book really helps too. Sometimes mindless television helps-maybe not the most healthy way but it helps to lower my stress levels at time.

Crochetting helps me zone down. I don't really like the look of crochetted things though! Then, because I had found it to be so beneficial, I found a pattern for a beautiful crochetted table cloth and set about making a family heirloom.

Then, one day at WalMart, I found crochetted tablecloths WITH THE LAST SUPPER CROCHETTED INTO THEM for like, ten bucks.

I just never have been able to motivate myself to crochet anything, since.

Although I did make a number of crochetted family names suitable for framing which people really liked.

I liked those too, now that I think about it.

Anyway, that is my crochet story.

Meditation to a piece of beautiful music first thing in the morning always helps me. If you set a timer, you can relax about the time thing. If you keep a piece of paper and pencil beside you, you can jot down any thought that absolutely will not go away. I think the key to any practice of that kind is to set the timer and try not to think for the ten minutes. Breathing helps with that because it gives your brain something to do while you meditate.

I know it is all supposed to be so much more complicated than that. The way I see it though is that if I can get myself to sit there for ten minutes, I reap the benefits.

And that is enough to know.

Try it.

It does make the self we are larger.

What a good idea it was to create a site like this one.

Thank you, thank you.

Barbara

:smile: