How do you??

Alttlgabby

Thanks. Any advice from parents dealing with the same situation is great. It can only help to TRY to do something. If you don't try something, then how can you ever possibly find a solution to the problem. And dealing with children who are not biologically yours and you don't know their entire history (but learning very slowly!) ,then you really don't know entirely what you are dealing with. I feel terrible for this poor kid! But, I am SO happy she is with us because we can nurture and love her and give her the kind of life that she and her sister deserve, and they don't have to worry about certain issues ever again in their lives! Thank God for that! I broke down crying in therapy this past week due to finding out that their mother sent them to bed without anything to eat many times! difficult child 1 leaned over and just hugged me like she really meant it and felt bad because I was crying! A year ago, this child would have just looked at me and stared! So, she has certainly blossomed in our care and with working through her problems in therapy. This is a child who a year ago didn't hug anyone unless she saw her sister do it. She now hugs us every day ON HER OWN! And, I know that we WILL get past these food issues. And both girls will grow up to be responsible, mature, young women with morals and values.