How long til thryroid medications start helping?

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
You know those labs I went to get Friday when I got stuck in the mud in the concrete parking lot?

I got the results back today, my thyroid is tanked. Apparently, a consequence of mono.

So I am starting synthroid.

How long til you're not so dang tired all the time?

I have been taking synthroid for about 7 years. I take 75mg a day. I guess it takes about 2 weeks to feel the full affects. Actually I didnt even know anything was wrong with my thyroid.

crazymama30

I have been taking synthroid for 3 years, they just bumped me up to 150mcg. I don't remember initially how long it to feel better, but I think I was told about 6 weeks. My dose increase took about 2 weeks and I felt better. They should check labs again on you in 2-3 months. It can take awhile to get to the right dose.

Fran

Former desparate mom
I have been taking synthroid since difficult child was born. I'm on 25mcg which isn't much. I'd expect 4 to 6 wks to start to feel better.

everywoman

I'm on 125 mcg---that's where i started when I was first diagnosis. It took about 6 weeks before I felt great---but after two weeks I was better. I'm thinking i need to adjust because my hair is falling out and I find myself fatigued again lately.

trinityroyal

husband is on synthroid, and before that he was on levothyroxine. He said that it took about a month for him to feel like he had a full-on energy level when he first started the levo, and then about 2 weeks to get back on track when switched to synthroid.

Hope you start feeling the results soon.

Trinity