How many days...

tiredmommy

until school starts for your young difficult children? We're at 43 days and counting... :hammer:

How do you plan to survive the balance of the summer with the difficult children underfoot all day, every day?

Wiped Out

Staff member
TM-I can understand your pain!

We also have 43 days left but for me that means being back at work full time. I've yet to figure out a way for difficult child to go back without me having to go back to-darn it!

We're lucky this year in that difficult child is mostly at day camps so it helps but he is off this week and has been non stop talking all morning!

I'm planning on getting him to the pool as often as possible and we are playing lots of Wii as well.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
This is terrible - kt's summer school/program ended just this past Friday & I'm already counting. She has such an attitude today I'm about ready to beat her about the head.:bloodshot::clubbing::crazy2::rofl: I know this past week didn't help but for God's sake!

I'm at 43 days as well.

tiredmommy

I'll meet you both at 7pm central time for virtual drinks on Tuesday September 2nd. I think we'll all need them by then! :cheers:

4sumrzn

31 days here. I'm very fortunate that difficult child is still doing well in the special needs camp. If it continues to work out OK, that helps out with these 3 weeks . The last 2 weeks......I have NO clue what I'm going to do yet. Suppose I better start working on that!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'll join y'all!

We have 43 days to go also :) difficult child 1 is away this week at a camp for kids with inflammatory bowel disease. Let me tell you, taking the third kid out of the equation makes for many fewer issues during the day, even with difficult child 2 still not completely stable.

Then I have one week with no plans, and then soccer practices start for difficult child 1 and easy child/difficult child 3, twice a week until November (games start in September). Plus, the first two weeks of August, difficult child 2 and easy child/difficult child 3 are going to a day camp -- every day, five hours a day!!! Wooo-hooo!

So a virtual Happy Hour it is the day after Labor Day!

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
31 days here but I am not complaining. No children in my house until the 6th of August and then she leaves on like the 9th for a week at her Nana's camper. Ahhhhhhhh the joys of peace. Sorry didn't mean to rub it in.

beth

nvts

Nyah, nyah, nya, nya, nyahhhh! Mine are in a 12 month program! They only get 2 weeks off at the end of August!

mooohahaha!

Ok, that was crappy! I'd be pulling my hair out right now!

Hope it flies by!

Beth

LittleDudesMom

We have 43 here as well but I'm in the minority here. I love summer and I love having the kids home! We don't do a bunch of camps and such because we like to just be free to go and do at a molments notice. difficult child loves sleeping in, staying up late, and having no homework!!!

Summer is a vacation for all of us because I don't schedule a bunch of volunteer things for me and I do tons less running around than I do during the school year. The only running around I do are the typical running the home errands and things I want to do.

Enjoy your summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sharon

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Virtual happy hour sounds great on the 2nd! Good thing it's virtual, no way I could do a real one after teaching the first day of school-more likely I'll collapse! I do love summer, the pace is great and so are the naps!

Andy

I am on "calender strike". I have decided the less I look at one, the less there is to do? I am coming to the end of my 5 year calendar (yes, I an a calendaroholic) and need to get another one. (part of my love for paperwork)

Anyway, I don't know if I even have the 1st day of school on my calendar so I asked husband when difficult child's school starts. He says the Wednesday before Labor Day. It sounds like the days I wanted to go to the Cities to spend a few days with my youngest sister who is going to the state fair and the smaller zoo.

This has been the 1st stress free summer I have had in a long time. difficult child's babysitter has been such a blessing and even my niece who is here this week seems to be working out great (and this was just 1st day of her watching difficult child). difficult child has been very happy (YEAH!!!!!).

I have mixed feelings over school starting. Will difficult child be ready? Will he start where he ended this Spring (or atleast after a week go back to where he ended off?)? School can be stressful. However, it will be helpful for me to be able to put more time into my job (I am behind on two duties and don't think I will get to them this month). I only work 8:30 - 12:30 so during the school year, I have 12:30 - 3:00 to make up work.

therapist will be very helpful in getting difficult child off on the right foot. I also heard from last year's homeroom teacher that this year's will probably have a meeting with me before school starts - she didn't know if it would include difficult child or not. I wish last year's teacher would have been this year's also.

difficult child has come so far, if he can carry this into the school year we will be o.k.