How many nail size and smaller holes can a difficult child put in walls of a room?

mstang67chic

Going Green
Entirely too many! I had to take a break before my putty knife hand was permanently in the shape of a claw. Good grief! Tack holes, small nails, big nails, tiny gouges, Grand Canyon gouges...and I'm only PARTIALLY done with 4 feet out each way from one stinking corner. I did have to thank him for one thing though. I don't even remember how many years ago, he peeled every inch of the boarder off the wall. I found some spray on stuff today that has no problems removing the little bit of paper/glue that is left.

Oy.

It's going to be a long weekend.

Star*

call 911........call 911
It took me four days to putty/spackle the holes..........
It took me Two weeks to patch the holes in the wall and dry wall /sand

It took me two hours to recarpet the room and kick it in - (had a guy come and do it for $50 bucks)

It took me a day to sand the woodwork and wipe it - with tacky cloth - and then about 1 hour to paint it all twice
It took me a day to paint the walls TWO coats - with baby blue -
It took me like one hour to do the ceiling - two coats.

BUT THE PUTTY IN THE HOLES? TOOK.ME.FOR.EV>ER.and>EV.ER. and like you ? I looked like - THE CLAW.!!!!!!!

I HATE THE WORD - DAP.

But what prey tell is the cool little can of spray that takes off the border? I have strawberries in my kithen that need to DIE.......sooner the better.....Actually it would be cheaper to just take off ALL the wood paneling. Drums fingers - ACTUALLY - the day DF cut the electric main with the FANTASTIC weed eater and the box went BRRRZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ and the power went POP POP POP POP ......and we could have just said - LETS ALL GO GET ICE CREAM - sure is hot - and the house could have burned to the ground - and we could have moved - and left all this mess behind - ? DID HE DO THAT? NOoooooooo what did he do? Faster than a greased pig he ran in and cut the main. Called the power company and they came out like I paid my bills on time - all the time. lickity split - no joke - they were here in under 5 minutes.

YUP - hated him for about a week over THAT one. New stove.........new microwave......no more bloody 1980's strawberry baskets and huge dip in the floor from the rotted wood - --------matching dishwasher that doesn't sound like two tortises having sex.........a nice work triangle........real cabinets - but what does he do? HELP HELP I cut the main - and the box is buzzing - I think the house will set on fire......MEAH.......(throttle) men.

mstang67chic

Going Green
It took me four days to putty/spackle the holes..........
It took me Two weeks to patch the holes in the wall and dry wall /sand

It took me two hours to recarpet the room and kick it in - (had a guy come and do it for $50 bucks)

It took me a day to sand the woodwork and wipe it - with tacky cloth - and then about 1 hour to paint it all twice
It took me a day to paint the walls TWO coats - with baby blue -
It took me like one hour to do the ceiling - two coats.

BUT THE PUTTY IN THE HOLES? TOOK.ME.FOR.EV>ER.and>EV.ER. and like you ? I looked like - THE CLAW.!!!!!!!

I HATE THE WORD - DAP.

But what prey tell is the cool little can of spray that takes off the border? I have strawberries in my kithen that need to DIE.......sooner the betterQUOTE]

You're not helping. :tantrumsmiley:

As for the spray stuff, I got it at Ace Hardware. It's in a spray bottle like Windex (about the same color as Windex too). It's Zinsser DIF gel wallpaper stripper. It comes in a couple of different forms but I got the gel spray so it wouldn't go everywhere. Works pretty good. Granted, all that's left on the walls in there is a thin layer of paper and the glue so you may have to score the strawberries first.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Do you mean that I haven't posted about difficult child 2 blowing out all his bedroom windows with his, unknown to me, bb gun, and blowing a hole through his ceiling with the gas canister from his paintball gun??? What was I thinking, withholding such colorful information?

InsaneCdn

Wnat are you filling them holes with, anyway?
I gave up on spackle... too much work.
Good old drywall mud. Takes two coats, but it goes on like butter, cleans up with water.

Or you could have just done a new layer of quarter-inch drywall...

susiestar

Roll With It
One of my college roommates SWORE that putting a dartboard up would not damage the walls. After all, she put a sleeping bag up behind it to pad it, didn't she? Of course she had to buy professional darts to use, the really heavy kind and it was a super cheap dartboard. I kept the apt and she moved out and wanted her security deposit. I laughed and laughed and laughed at her. Also showed her the photos of the wall (that she posed for, showing the holes like Vanna White) and the paper she signed that said I totally objected to the dartboard and was not responsible for damages from it under any circumstances). Boy was her mom mad. She lost the whole $500 deposit over a dartboard!

The mgmt co said to use toothpaste. There was No way it would work with that may holes. The maintenance guy fixed it for free (even after the deposit they insisted I fix it or lose my $00 deposit also.), well, for a beer and a couple dozen homemade cookies. My maintenance guys adored me. there was ALWAYS cold beer and soda in the fridge and if I knew they were coming there was some sort of fresh baked goodie for them too.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
My nephew and his roommate got high one night (of many) and though it would be cool to practice their drives indoors. Yep, golf clubs and golf balls into the sheet rocked walls of their apt....all of them. They were peeing themselves laughing until the super showed up the next day from complaints. They couldn't fix the walls, they had to replace them they were so bad. Jerks. And yes, he is a número Uno difficult child...still is at 30.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Errr... I attacked the dents and holes in Onyxx's OLD bedroom and NEW bedroom with spackle... 10 minutes, 2x because some of them were deep and spackle shrinks. And this kid gouged out divots with whatever was handy...

What are you using to put it on? I used a putty knife...

mstang67chic

Going Green
Using mud with a putty knife. There are just soooooooo many and a lot of the big gouges too Step. I have a couple of pictures....I'll get them up.

mstang67chic

Going Green

witzend

Do you mean that I haven't posted about difficult child 2 blowing out all his bedroom windows with his, unknown to me, bb gun, and blowing a hole through his ceiling with the gas canister from his paintball gun??? What was I thinking, withholding such colorful information?

DING DING DING DING DING! We have winner!

witzend

I have two pictures so far.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj161/mstang67chic/Guest%20room%20progress/0512121853.jpg

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj161/mstang67chic/Guest room progress/0512121617.jpg

I don't know how well it will show up but one of them shows "naked" electrical outlets and, if you look close, a missing baseboard on the left wall. Half of the baseboards are missing. As they are nice wood, I'm hoping they are still here somewhere.

I'm not sure but I think that the baseboard looks like a fairly standard pattern. When we redid the other house, the choice was between sanding and painting the old baseboard, and buying pre-primed MDF and painting it. When I figured out that it was about $65 to put new baseboard throughout the entire 2,000 sf house, that old stuff went into the trash and we bought all new. If you do, you'll need a coping saw, and should watch a youtube or diy video on how to cut molding, but it's really no big deal once you get the idea.

I loved working with that type of stuff. To me it was like sewing except that wood doesn't slide around much as you are trying to attach it to another surface, the way material does against itself when you're trying to sew seams.

Tiapet

Old Hand
Ok I think you are the winner. Of all the damage we have had to fix, we've never had all those kinds of dings and such. We've had BIG holes from like a foot going through a wall, hands punching a hole, door knobs, etc. Things where you have to either put a metal plate over it (door knob hole) or cut an entire square patch out of the drywall and patch it back with a new piece. I think what you have to do is actually worse/harder and much more tedious! :(

We've done the carpet thing to with spills of brightly colored koolaid, candle wax, glue, etc.

Star*

call 911........call 911
HE BLEW A HOLE WHERE? WITH WHAT? :sochildish:

YUP -------YOu want your certificate made out to STANG -----or MSTANG -------for that MASTERS on PLASTER Patch with a Minor in carpentry? OR

DOUBLE MAJOR IN PLASTER AND CARPENTRY and a minor in duffusion of explosive devices?