How many of you...

F

flutterbee

have broken out the Christmas music already?

Me? I think it was last week. Early for me, but we were putting the tree up.

It's been so cold here for this time of year, and snowing, so I'm ready for Christmas season!

F

flutterbee

I don't have any good Christmas CD's. I set up a holiday station on Pandora. :D It's funny...all the Christmas music my mom played growing up - Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, etc - that I hated then, is what I want to listen to now. She's moved on. I haven't. LOL

And 2 of our radio stations - the light rock stations - are already playing nothing but Christmas music.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I hear it at the stores already. I find myself singing with it. Funny the ones I like now are Dolly Parton, The Statlers, the old country Christmas stuff my dad used to listen to.

beth

F

flutterbee

On this night, on this night
On this merry Christmas night

Ba da da Da Ba da Da Badadadadadada....

Pam R

I also am not allowed to play it until Friday, the day after Thanksgiving. I was tempted earlier in the week to play some while everyone else was gone, but I didn't have the gumption to get up and put the CD's on.

Here, husband has set up the stereo to play through the computer, or vice versa (I forget). Anyways, one can compose playlists of music in Winamp, and set it to play at random, and have hours of uninterrupted music of your choice.

I lost my HD last June and all my playlists. I'd have to haul out my backup CD's, select the songs and recreate them. I could just play them on the CD player, but they won't play all day....

But come Friday, when I start putting up the tree and the candles in the window, you can bet it will be playing. :))

Pam R.

Pam R

mrscatinthehat wrote: "I hear it at the stores already."

husband had to go to Walmart and wait to get my prescription filled. he said they were playing the worst Christmas music he'd ever heard, and I owed him big time for the ordeal. LOLOL I didn't have the heart to remind him Black Friday was only 10 days away.... Hehehehehe

Pam R.

Woofens

We don't start to celebrate Christmas until December 12th. No decorations, no music, nothing. easy child T's birthday is 12/11, so we keep Christmas separate so that she doesn't feel slighted. Our tree and all decorations also come down January 1. 3 weeks is more than enough for me LOL

Jan

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
About the piped in music at WalMart, etc....where do they find that ****? I love Christmas music, but My God, some of the stuff they dredge up is just awful. I want to run screaming from the store or pierce holes in my eardrums.

As for me and mine, we usually start listening to it by choice two weeks before the date. Then I actually miss it when New Years is over. I have some great ones on my iPod and about 12 CDs/Tapes. Yeah, we like Christmas music. My favorite mellow stuff is by Josh Grobin.

Andy

difficult child and I have watched Santa Claus on Thursday night, Santa Claus II last night, and plan on watching Santa Claus III tonight.

easy child is insisting no Christmas music until after Thanksgiving - I have pushed that for several years to try to get the kids to focus some on Thanksgiving. Even difficult child will mention "But what about Thanksgiving" when he sees Christmas stuff in the stores. (yet another thing the kids are unknowingly following my lead on).

However, for some reason, I think I am getting my Christmas spirit back this year. I lost it so many years ago and have only done the bare minimum. Maybe this year will be were it should be?

I am very tempted at work. I have a private office so can play whatever I want. I may bring it out this next week. I often use Mon - Wed of Thanksgiving for office cleaning out days.

trinityroyal

Oh...the piped in music.
I LOVE Christmas music, but the rule in our house is we don't get started until December 1st. I am champing at the bit.

I think Little easy child and I are going to break the rule a little bit, and start decorating and watching the Christmas movies starting next weekend.

Little easy child's birthday is December 19th, and I've always told him that he's my best Christmas present ever, so he really seems to get into the Christmas spirit. He's already started singing, "Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell ROCK!" the way only a 6 year old can.

Me, I sort of get hypnotized by the piped in Christmas music, and find myself dancing along the aisles in time to it. And can-of-beans, and cha-cha-cha, spaghetti, and cha-cha-cha...

I have always aspired to be the World's Most Embarrassing Parent. This year, I think I've made it to the qualifying round...

Trinity

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I just taught myself how to play a Christmas song on the piano! Since K is not using the stinking thing I figured I will try to teach myself!
So I am learning I think it is, Jolly Ol' Saint Nick....? I am singing and playing my heart out!!!
And I can't sing!!!
I did put some holiday music on XM the other day throughout the house for N.. she is very worried about Thanksgiving and Christmas!

We are also reading a cute book about a Dog called, "Olive- the other Reindeer"

I'm not allowed to bring it out until after Thanksgiving, and everyone here gives me a hard time. easy child always says, if I have to listen to Aaron Neville (my fav Christmas music performer) one more time I'll expire! LOL
He never does....

F

flutterbee

Well, the Christmas songs have left my head today and "Whiter Shade of Pale" is playing on a loop, so I'm going to have to turn on Pandora. :D

As if I need an excuse....I might be nice, though, and wait until easy child goes to work. Or not.

F

flutterbee

This is your brain. :frozen:

This is your brain on Christmas music. :christmaslights:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Too funny Heather!

I refuse to pull out the Christmas music until the day after Thanksgiving. That said, I've been cheating by listening to it once in awhile on my way home from work as one of the local stations started playing it two weeks ago. I've also been watching Christmas movies for three weeks.:bag::forchristmas:

Andy

Heather, That is great! :rofl:

Do you NEED or just WANT Pandora?

I was looking for the t.v. control tonight and asked difficult child to go downstairs to ask husband where he put it. difficult child refused until I would agree to say that I didn't NEED the control - just that I WANT it! Well, I couldn't honestly say that so I went downstairs myself. Grrrrrrr

Star*

call 911........call 911
HAVE A HOLLY JOLLY CHRISTMAS.....

IT"S THE BEST TIME OF THE YEAR

SAY HELLO TO FRIENDS YOU KNOW

AND EVERYONE THAT'S NEAR!!!!!!!

HAVE BEEN LISTENING SINCE LAST WEEK...

DECK THE HALLS WITH TOWELS AND HOLLY - (dude used to sing that)

and

WALKING IN A WOMENS UNDERWEAR......(he was 5)