How much can one MI person take?

DammitJanet

Lets face it, in the last 12 months Cory has been in Jail for an active 30 days, been on a 6 months active intensive probation where he could only be away from his house from 8 am to 7pm, moved out of my house and into a condemned trailer which he tried desperately to fix up, watched me get extremely sick and almost die, had his brothers mother in law die while I was in the hospital, gotten off of intensive probation, received 2 driving while license suspended tickets, got locked up for one of them, awaiting the jail time for that one and has the next court date on the other in September, has fallen twice and injured his already injured back, one of his best friends got his car burned up in a fire, his other best friend was killed in the hit and run two weeks ago, and another friend was injured in the gang attack right after the hit and run. He finally gets pretty well moved in to his new place when he finds out that there is almost no cell phone service there and tv service there is abysmal. Without satellite he can get one channel. OOps...take that back...2 he can get pbs too. He gets Fox and PBS.

Then today just takes the cake. He was told he could have his dog over there. He has a really big back yard. He took Rusty over there. There is one crazy lady there that has been there for a long time. She has two dogs. The lady lives in the very first trailer on the left hand side. Cory lives in the very last trailer on the right hand side. No reason for them to ever see each other or speak. Landlord told Cory she was crazy and to just leave her be. Dont talk to her. Ok.

Second night Cory was there with Rusty, Cory spanked Rusty on the butt with a rolled up newspaper and she called the cops on him! Rusty is a big dog- part pit, part mutt. Smart as a whip. Well...this crazy lady has two dogs. One she keeps in a pen right behind her house and that one looks ok. One she keeps behind the trailer next to Cory's house chained to a tree and the thing looks like it is half starving. When Cory would take Rusty's food out he would feed this dog too.

We went over yesterday to eat dinner with Cory and Rusty was fine and playful as ever. Cory tied him behind his house in the shade for the afternoon and then tied him back over near the tree for bedtime. Sometime today someone had to poison him because about 5 pm, Cory calls me all in a dither because Rusty was dead and all this vomit was around him. He was dead dead. Only one around there is the crazy lady. They are out in the boonies.

Now just how much more is it gonna take for him to blow? I thought this was gonna be it. His first reaction was to call the police but without a witness or forensic evidence, what good is that going to do. I couldnt even get them to do anything when we had our neighbor dead to rights. A smoking gun with balistic evidence. Then I suggested he kill her dogs. Hey, if he cant have dogs, why should she? He said no, not the dogs faults. Ok...that makes sense. So he decided to call his landlord. Very good logical thinking. Better thinking than I would have come up with even now if I told the gods honest truth. I would have ruined something very valuable to her.

He deserves some kind of break now. He is looking so hard for a job. No one will hire him. I am leaning so hard on his dad to get him on with him. If that doesnt happen soon, I may kick his dad to the curb and make him go live with Cory. Or I will go live with Cory. Something.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I just hate it when the kids finally are trying and can't catch a break. I used to get so frustrated with difficult child 1 cause he'd expect everyone to cut him slack after one day's effort, but Cory's put more than that into this...poor kid!

Tell him to hang in there. I'm pulling for him.

M

ML

I will add Corey to my prayers and ask that he be "carried" for a while until life shifts to a more positive chapter for him. Tell him how proud we are of him for how he's handling the recent insanity. Hugs, ML

SRL

I'm sorry to hear this, Janet. A lot of really tough stuff in a short period.

Just an FYI: I don't know what the temps were like there but a dog with heat stroke may vomit a great deal and death will follow shortly unless they receive emergency treatment.

susiestar

Roll With It
He has been through the wringer. I am so impressed with how he has just kept on coping better than many of us would.

I hope things get better very very soon. Let him know I am proud of him and am praying for him. And that I trust the universe to visit horrible things on the lady if she poisoned his dog. Chances are the dog is adapted to the weather and being outside would not have done this.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Oh gosh, I am SO sorry Janet! The poor dog! Poor Corey! Things have to turn around because I just can't imagine it being much worse right now. (((Hugs)))

Star*

call 911........call 911
Janet,

ENOUGH already - I'm glad that Corey didn't seek revenge against the other CNL's dog. That shows a lot of character. I know exactly how you feel about trying to get a job - and everything else that has happened this year with our boys. You start to think - ENOUGH ALREADY someone throw them a frickin' bone already - DANG.

Dude called me this morning and said that the man that was working him but stopped about 4 weeks ago called him and said he may have a small job for him to make $50 today - and he was about to come out of his skin being happy - he's been out putting applications in everywhere. (HIS CNL has been taking him) I know what you mean - it's like - PLEASE just ONE break okay???? (lookin up)....

Keeping you all in my prayers....always.

I swear if I hit the lottery I'm going to start a company that ONLY hires difficult child's and former felons looking for that ONE chance...lol.

Hugs

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Janet - wow... I don't know how he keeps on... I don't know if I could... I'm pulling for him and he's on my prayer list. He's got to have some really good stuff coming to him someday with all of this. I am so proud and amazed, that he's done so well!
{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}} for him - and you, too - because you apparently did a really great job ith him!

DammitJanet

Ya know...if it was me? I wouldnt be handling this as well. Especially at 23 and on no medications. No I would have gone bonkers on someone a long time ago. girlfriend isnt pulling her weight at the house and expects him to do it all and there is just no way in HADES he can. When they got this trailer, the boy who died and the boy who got beat up were both supposed to move in with them to help pay the rent. Guess what? Now neither one is moving in. Cant blame the dead boy but the other one isnt moving in because his mom doesnt want him leaving home because he has the broken jaw. Cant say I blame her but it puts Cory in a real jam. Now the whole 400 a month rent plus utilities is on him. Plus he has 200 a month bail plus 50 a month probation fees plus they need food. He gets 650 a month. Do we see a problem here? He cant pay his electric! Mandy only wants to pay her fun bills...hair, clothes, nails. She works part time at domino's. She wont go get a real wattressing job because "they only make 3.50 an hour"....UGH! She doesnt understand the concept of tips. She doesnt want to work in food she says...like that makes sense.

Cory is desperate. I can see the look in his eyes. He just sits in his trailer and watches movies and calls me and his highlight is if I will go over and sit with him. I so worry about depression.

lovemysons

Oh Janet,
Your Cory certainly HAS gone through alot!
Can they put an add in the newspaper for a roommate?

Hopefully Mandy well step up to the plate soon and contribute more.

Is Cory opposed to taking medications these days? An antidepressant/mood stabilizer sure might be needed at this time.

Thinking of you and Cory,
Tammy

mstang67chic

Going Green
I'm late coming into this but I'm very impressed with Cory also. I would have gone off the deep end long ago. You tell that boy he's got a lot of board Aunties pulling for him! I'm so sorry about his dog...that would have nearly killed me to think one of my dogs had been poisoned and I didn't know.

I don't know if this is a feasible idea but does Billy get an income? Could he move in and help out? Or do you have any family in the area....maybe there's a cousin or someone who is looking to get out on their own?

DammitJanet

If they got internet out there then Billy could move out there but since they dont, that is out. Billy just cant do without his beloved internet. We dont have any relatives around here that I know of that could move in either. There are distant relatives but no one that I know of that would be looking to move in. Maybe Mandy can find someone when she starts school in a few weeks.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Janet,

Could Cory find something closer and move to something more affordable.

I know they just moved but.......

Or.....Could it be that Cory will do well in a position where others NEED him to be the one that FIXES things????

Just thinking out loud?

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Cory needs a break. Poor guy, I don't give a **** about what he has done, but you can't take a step forward when someone or something keeps shoving you back.
I will keep Cory in my thoughts and keep hoping that he keeps it together.

Lothlorien

That is really horrible. This kid can't seem to get a break. I hate that the dog had to suffer like that. This just makes me so sad.

DammitJanet

Scared the tar out of me today!

I got a phone call on my cellphone that I didnt recognize so I called it right back.

Ring ring....Hello, this is Brenda H.

Me: Hi, Brenda, this is Janet L and I got a call on my cell phone from you for my son Cory. He doesnt live with me but I can get up with him but it wont probably be today, will tomorrow be ok? I can get a message to him if that is ok with you.

Her; Sure that is fine. My name is Brenda H and his name was given to me by JW H, his Bail bondsman (insert pounding heart). I start going...he isnt in any kind of trouble is he? She said...oh no no no. He knows someone we are trying to reach and he was going to help us reach this fella. Ahhhh. Ok. Well ok...I will have him call you when I get up with him.

My heart didnt stop trembling until I got up with Cory and made sure that was the truth. Next thing you know we will see Cory as a puppy on Dog.