How promising does this sound to you?

klmno

I'm really getting antsy about this job in HI- especially with difficult child's release date and placement now being an issue. Would you read this chain of emails and tell me if I'm being too hopeful about it, please? How much of a shot do you think this indicates?

These emails have taken place within the past week and I thought that since I haven't heard a "no go" yet, that was a good sign. The security had told me that they are trying to make sure this goes thru. I haven't heard anything since these emails so I don't want to be dreaming about something that has little or no chance- what do you think? Am I reading too much into it?

Remember to read from the bottom up- the most recent email is on top-

From me:

Thank you! I hope it gets confirmed!

From Ms. GGG (the HR lady):

Yes, start date is some what negotiable within a reasonable time frame.

Thank you,
Ms. GGG

From me:

No problem! Am I safe in assuming that if the job is officially offered, the actual start date can be negotiated some since this requires a major move and will most likely be close to the holidays?

From Ms. GGG:

Correct, Ms. AAA.

I can't give you any solid dates until Security has granted you clearance. Like I said in my previous email, it was tentatively speaking since you did mention the urgency and financial terms of your move, I wanted to give you a heads up and mention how soon we would be able to bring you on board.

I will get back to you when I hear from Security,

Thank you,
Ms. GGG

From me:

Thank you! If I know within a few days that would be great! I don't think I could get there before Dec. 21 anyway and it might take a little longer, but I can't pursue a definite date unless and until I have the job in hand.

From Ms. GGG:

Hi Ms. AAA,

Drug test is not required for this position and it will take a few days for Security to review your packet. Once I hear back from them we can determine a start date and whether or not you will be able to further pursue this appointment.

Right now, tentatively speaking, the earliest we could have you start would be December 21. I will keep in touch as I hear more from Security.

Thank you,
Ms. GGG

From me:

Dear Ms. GGG,

It is my understanding that the security officer, Mr. XXX, has received all necessary documents for their review. I was under the impression that I would also need a drug test and wanted to make sure this had not been overlooked, if it is still necessary. Please let me know if there is anything else I can submit or do to expedite the decision making process. Also, can you tell me yet when a final decision will be made? Since I am unemployed, I am concerned that it might take so long to make a decision that I will no longer be able to afford the move.

Thank you,
AAA

From HR (Ms. GGG):

Good Morning Ms. AAA,

I just wanted to let you know that I have received all of the preprocessing forms this morning.

I also wanted to follow up with your Security Clearance. Have they already made contact with you in regards to additional information that they needed?

klmno

thank you! Promising enough that I should be making sure I can make this happen so I know how to respond if they confirm the job- without making reservations or buying plane tickets yet? (it started out with a long phone interview, then I got a "tentative" job offer, which I accepted, then they started asking for college transcripts and all the forms for the clearance, fingerprints, and credit report- all of which they have received now. But this has been going on for three months.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Ummmmm, I don't think you can get more promising than that. :D

The person was telling you they couldn't give you a start date until hearing from security. Period. So I'm assuming this person is just waiting for the official thumbs up from security and it's a go ahead. Especially since you're getting fairly rapid/good responses to questions.

M

ML

It sounds as promising as you can get. I hope to hear the confirmation from you soon!

Mattsmom277

Sounds to me that the tentative job offer was based soley on the security clearance being forthcoming. They are speaking starting dates based on when clearance comes through. I don't think that they would lead you on this long. I do think this is a guaranteed offer pending clearance of your security documents. I'd say it is past promising :) I would go ahead and make tentative plans. Also, since she says that a start date is flexible, are you wanting to move and begin a new job 4 days before Christmas? Or are you going to move after Christmas and start in the new year? It sounds like they are giving you wiggle room there.

klmno

I kind of thought that but then started wondering if maybe I was just grasping at straws and being too optimistic. The security officer knows that I REALLY want this answer before TG so I hope people who need to sign off on it or contact me aren't taking the whole week off. As far as start date- that is where the glitch is coming but that's in a VERY long post in General. LOL! Thanks for the encouragement!