How promising does this sound to you?

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by klmno, Nov 21, 2009.

1. klmno

klmno Active Member

I'm really getting antsy about this job in HI- especially with difficult child's release date and placement now being an issue. Would you read this chain of emails and tell me if I'm being too hopeful about it, please? How much of a shot do you think this indicates?

These emails have taken place within the past week and I thought that since I haven't heard a "no go" yet, that was a good sign. The security had told me that they are trying to make sure this goes thru. I haven't heard anything since these emails so I don't want to be dreaming about something that has little or no chance- what do you think? Am I reading too much into it?

Remember to read from the bottom up- the most recent email is on top-

2. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

It still sounds very promising!
  3. klmno

klmno Active Member

thank you! Promising enough that I should be making sure I can make this happen so I know how to respond if they confirm the job- without making reservations or buying plane tickets yet? (it started out with a long phone interview, then I got a "tentative" job offer, which I accepted, then they started asking for college transcripts and all the forms for the clearance, fingerprints, and credit report- all of which they have received now. But this has been going on for three months.
  4. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

Ummmmm, I don't think you can get more promising than that. :D

The person was telling you they couldn't give you a start date until hearing from security. Period. So I'm assuming this person is just waiting for the official thumbs up from security and it's a go ahead. Especially since you're getting fairly rapid/good responses to questions.
  5. ML

ML Guest

It sounds as promising as you can get. I hope to hear the confirmation from you soon!
  6. Mattsmom277

Mattsmom277 Active Member

Sounds to me that the tentative job offer was based soley on the security clearance being forthcoming. They are speaking starting dates based on when clearance comes through. I don't think that they would lead you on this long. I do think this is a guaranteed offer pending clearance of your security documents. I'd say it is past promising :) I would go ahead and make tentative plans. Also, since she says that a start date is flexible, are you wanting to move and begin a new job 4 days before Christmas? Or are you going to move after Christmas and start in the new year? It sounds like they are giving you wiggle room there.
  7. klmno

klmno Active Member

I kind of thought that but then started wondering if maybe I was just grasping at straws and being too optimistic. The security officer knows that I REALLY want this answer before TG so I hope people who need to sign off on it or contact me aren't taking the whole week off. As far as start date- that is where the glitch is coming but that's in a VERY long post in General. LOL! Thanks for the encouragement!