How's everyone doing this week?

SRL

difficult child had the respiratory flu and has been home for a week. He's on the mend now but it reminded me of the old days when my kids were little and I spent days on end without getting out of the house!

How are things with you?

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
SRL~
I had to let you know that I received the heated disks that you recommended for K... The pet ones! Well I had to get 2, because of N... They Love them!!! I heat them up and they tuck them inside of their shirts... they lie on the couch and read or play a game, or we will do a puzzle, while the girls lie on the little disks... very cool!!!
N especially likes it, I think because os her Sensory Integration Disorder (SID) and anxiety... she would be the one that seems to have more Autistic like issues... But both of the girls love them!!!
Thanks for the link!!!

Lulu

SRL, thanks for asking! I have been away from the board lots lately because of my daughter's 3rd birthday (yesterday) and party, and the visiting in-laws. It has been crazy.

My kids are doing pretty well, considering the festivities and turmoil. We had to cancel a trip to Barnes & Noble after we got halfway there because my son was yelling in the car, but since we got home, he has been well-tempered. Usually such a consequence would just set him on the road to ruin. Go figure.

JulienSam

SRL --

Thanks for asking... it's been a typical week, but thankfully, no calls from preschool!! Sam missed going to a friend's party last Sat. because of his behavior -- I hated to have him miss it, but he really was horrible the whole day.

I'm looking forward to having our school evaluation. team visit Sam's preschool next week. While I would normally not wish for Sam to have a meltdown at school, I kind of hope he does so that they can see him in action.

We've been busy too getting ready for Sam's 5th b-day party on Saturday. I'm so happy that all of his classmates we invited are coming -- I have always worried that his meltdowns/behavior at school would alienate him from everyone, but at least they want to come to his party.

Sorry your difficult child was sick -- hope everyone else stays healthy!

Julie