How's your weather

Nancy

We have about 8" of snow on the ground and it's been snowing continuously all day. I can't remember ever getting this much snow so early in the season. I hope it's not an indication of how bad the winter will be. We got our first snow two weeks ago and it's been snowing off and on ever since.

I managed to shovel the walk to the front door but the snow is very heavy and my back is killing me. Thank goodness I have a plow service for the driveway. And to make matters worse our city is out of money so they aren't plowing the development streets or salting any roads except the main ones. Evidently the price of salt has gone up tremendously this year.

Nancy

trinityroyal

Nancy, I get the feeling it's going to be a very cold winter as well.

It's been bitterly cold here the last few days. Dropped down to about -10 degrees the other night, with gale force winds and snow. I was NOT impressed (nor was I dressed for it. We usually don't get that sort of thing until closer to Christmas).

Yesterday, we had a lot of wet snow and sleet. Today, the temp has levelled off at about +4, which feels downright mild in comparison.

As luck would have it, 2 of my birthday presents from husband this year were a new snow brush for the car AND a new shovel (They were on my list, he's not a cad :tongue:), so at least I wasn't caught unprepared.

Sigh...

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Oh, well, then, I better not answer your question...

I think we're 50-ish and sunny out there today.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I went for a dip in our pool.......lovely - then I sunned myself on the lanai, had a few lemonaid spritzers and now I'm off to buy shorts for the luau tonight.

:hawaii_girl::swimming:

Nah - not really - it's about 56 here - People actually are wearing their winter coats, gloves and ski hats - I swear this is like May in Ohio - lol. :2cold:

Jena

Wow that's alot of snow! I love snow! Here weather's in 50's so confusing, it was bitter cold and 20 the other day and i wonder why i'm still sick?? LOL

Enjoy your new gifts in the snow lol. :)

Woofens

It's 33 here and snowing and raining. It can't make up its mind. Its a cold nasty wet snow, too.

easy child S is not going to Choir tonight, I had to put my SUV in 4WD to get out of the driveway to pick the kiddo's up after school.

Nancy, where in OH are you that you got 8 inches already? OMG PM if you want.... we are only supposed to get 2-4. We are about an hour SE of Pittsburgh PA.

Andy

I am so glad I live in NORTHERN MINNESOTA! YEAH!

YEP - we are having a snowless, rainless week here. Possible snow Thanksgiving evening but I don't think it will be much.

Beautiful, wonderful Northwestern Minnesota! Anyone who wants can come to my home for Thanksgiving. I will not be home but can arrange for the door to be open for you.

Oh, it is cold but not cold enough for hats and mittens (unless the wind picks up or you plan on staying outside for awhile) and not cold enough to plug in vehicles.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
It was 78 degrees and partly cloudy here today (please don't hate me -- if it makes you feel any better, we just had a major firestorm). But the storm clouds are rolling in now and the rain will hit sometime this evening. Weather this month has been unseasonably warm. This bit of rain will be the first in a veeeerrrry long time!

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
No snow here unless you count a snow globe on my desk - Its 75 here, and way cold enough to bring out the heated matress pad - the dogs under the blankets aren't cutting it. And SO is starting to gripe about me having the windows open at night already..

We are scheduled for rain though..

Marcie

KTMom91

It's about 68 degrees here, and it's supposed to rain tonight. We've had our usual horrible fog the last few mornings.

witzend

Marcie! Waaah! Is there sunshine? Oh, well, I guess that's the trade-off you guys get for the wildfires. You couldn't start a wildfire here this week with a blowtorch and a can of gasoline!

Did they charge anyone in particular with setting the fire, by the way?

donna723

It's been just flat-out nasty here! We're usually kind of middle-of-the-road, but it seems like it's been much colder than usual for this time of year. It's been in the 40's and 50's during the day and below freezing at night, which doesn't sound too bad. But the darned wind won't stop! It wouldn't be nearly as bad without the constant wind! It rained all day yesterday and walking through the parking lot at work, even with an umbrella, the front of my pants legs got wet. They were just wet enough stick to my legs and feel cold and clammy and nasty half of the morning!

muttmeister

High today was 56 - about 25 degrees above normal for this time of year so, although it may sound cool to some of you, it is a heat wave for us. Plus...sunny, no wind, and no precipitation. I am driving to KC tomorrow and it is supposed to be nice again; last year I drove in sleet and freezing rain so I am enjoing this. I even put up my outdoor Christmas lights so I can turn them on when I get home.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Okay, well the rain has finally started. They're predicting anywhere from 1.5" to 3" (gee, such a precise science, huh?) Fingers crossed no mudslides this week...

Abbey

Spork Queen
Suffice it to say that I'm sitting at my computer with a long sleeve shirt on with a sweartshirt on top and my wool coat.:mad:

To make matters worse, H tells me that he went to the pool yesterday.:angry-very::angry-very::angry-very:

Abbey