Hsm 3!!!

tiredmommy

Duckie went to lunch and the movies with four friends to see High School Musical 3. What a blast! There were girls dancing & singing in the theater and popcorn everywhere. Poor Duckie screamed "Eww" during an on-screen kiss, the entire crowd burst out laughing. :rofl:

Has anyone else seen it?

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
No... I have luckily kept my girls away from all things Hanna Montana, icarly and the boy band shows and the High School Musical Shows so far!!!
They hear about them at School. But Nope not yet, even 4 yo N has girls in her pre-school that have seen all of that stuff!
I am holding out as long as possible...
But I am glad Ducky had fun!!! I think that would be overload for my girls... the kiss would gross them out also... well maybe not K!!! Yikes.

L

luvmyottb

Going this afternoon. I love musicals and I can't wait! I also think Zac Efron is cute! Yes, I am 48 years old.

I think my difficult child will enjoy it too!

SRL

I'm picking my daughter up from Nutcracker rehearsal and surprising her with tickets.

I too love musicals and enjoyed the first one. Didn't care for the second one too much though.

SRL

We're back and had a good time. TM, our crowd was pretty tame compared to yours.

I thought it was a lot better than number 2 but I missed the innocence of the first one. Showing girls across the country that it's quite fine for the boyfriend to sneak into the candlelit bedroom (even if it was for a picnic dinner) isn't my idea of responsible.

I wish they had gone ahead and shown it on the Disney channel like the previous movies. Every girl I knew from age 6-12 got together with friends or went to a HSM party on opening night to watch it. All the leftover boys from our camping group got together at one house. It was loads of fun and so unique compared to the routine movie theater experience. Either way they'll make a zillion dollars.

tiredmommy

It was definitely a bit edgier movie than the first two. I did, however, appreciate that the girl didn't even consider giving up her educational opportunities to follow the boy. I say that as the mother of a girl, of course. :winks:

Duckie has been invited to a HSM themed birthday party in a few weeks. The rumor has it that each girl will receive a HSM3 soundtrack in lieu of a goody bag. You are right about Disney making a zillion dollars...

SRL

Good point on the education, TM. It was a little handsy, but was that waltz number that pushed it over the fence on the wholesome scale for me: short skirt, hand a little too close to where it shouldn't have been...

We can think of this one as HSM, Cleavage Edition. ;-)